• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Select Dj Moore

Jeremy Igo

34 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah I agree the slant and curl are his better routes. Like I said, personally I think he’d do a lot better in the slot but I think you’re right about the Panthers seeing him more as a X/Z guy.

If someone just attacks my argument I enjoy a healthy debate back and forth. I want you to sell me on Moore I want to like him but if people are just going to bash posts because of negativity then I’m not going to put much effort into saying anything decent back. I don’t take any of this crap personally (as I don’t think you do either) so if people want to go cheap shot for cheap shot I’m good with that too. But that’s why I asked you to actually give me something on this because I know you’re capable of a solid football debate (many here aren’t). 

But yeah, I see a lot of Samuel in Moore and I’m not sure if you were around last year but I didn’t like Samuel the prospect and was met with the same sort of backlash as I am now. I think Moore is definitely more polished than Samuel as a WR BUT like we know, he does still need to work on his route running which isn’t as easy as just saying that. Route running is such a tricky thing and it’s tough to just be like “ah he just needs to work on his route running” and be ok with that. Obviously I’ve been wrong before and I hope I’m wrong here again, I just have my concerns that’s all

Samuel and Moore could not be any different. The only similarly is that they have WR by their name. Samuel spent half his time in the backfield in college, and is a twig compared to Moore. DJ is jacked, and looks more like a RB than WR. Two absolutely completely different players. Nobody viewed Samuel as a threat on the outside coming out of school. He was backfield trick plays and slot routes. You're wrong dude, just accept it and join in the Huddle's excitement.

The rage in this thread is why I've almost entirely avoided the draft discussion this year. Some of you get wayyyyyyyyy too invested in prospects. We needed more playmaking ability at WR, we got it. I'm good with the pick as long as he helps this offense and our QB.

After watching absolutely ZERO Maryland football over the past several years, I admittedly knew next to nothing about DJ Moore.

However, after watching his film... he is EXACTLY the kind of Wide Receiver we need in Charlotte.  His toughness and ability to break tackles stood out to me more than anything.  He plays nasty, like Smitty did.

Archived