• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Select Dj Moore

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

That’s literally the only thing I can possibly think of that teams were concerned about with Ridley. 

His weight and frame.

Im all for some back and forth on these guys but you’re bringing literally nothing to the table. I’ve said Moore has a few nice routes he runs and a couple splash plays on screens but there isn’t much more. Many of you do the same blind homer thing year after year...

It isn't a blind homer thing to acknowledge that Moore is one of the top athletes in this draft. He attacks the ball in the air, probably the best WR in the draft against press coverage, explodes out of his breaks, and is a monster with the ball in his hands.

I think the only blind one here is you, because you don't comprehend what this offense is looking for. You are a fanboy of ridley. He is older, less athletic, smaller, and gets beat up at the line. Great route runner, but relies on his shiftiness to get open. Once he is thrown off his step at the line by the D back, or bumped to the ground by a linebacker when he cuts out of his breaks (within 5 yards) in the slot - he is useless to this offense.

Don't come here and keep using your same lines over and over again... without a really good argument for why Ridley is the right guy for THIS offense.

"Blind homers"

"If thats what helps you sleep at night"

"You need to re-evaluate your life"

Dude you are broken record. You literally provide poo feedback when you post. Until you can provide situational perspective on how Ridley is a good fit in the Panthers' offense, you are just a waste of white space on the message boards. But I will continue to hound you down, bc I simply enjoy it. 

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It isn't a blind homer thing to acknowledge that Moore is one of the top athletes in this draft. He attacks the ball in the air, probably the best WR in the draft against press coverage, explodes out of his breaks, and is a monster with the ball in his hands.

I think the only blind one here is you, because you don't comprehend what this offense is looking for. You are a fanboy of ridley. He is older, less athletic, smaller, and gets beat up at the line. Great route runner, but relies on his shiftiness to get open. Once he is thrown off his step at the line by the D back, or bumped to the ground by a linebacker when he cuts out of his breaks (within 5 yards) in the slot - he is useless to this offense.

Don't come here and keep using your same lines over and over again... without a really good argument for why Ridley is the right guy for THIS offense.

"Blind homers"

"If thats what helps you sleep at night"

"You need to re-evaluate your life"

Dude you are broken record. You literally provide poo feedback when you post. Until you can provide situational perspective on how Ridley is a good fit in the Panthers' offense, you are just a waste of white space on the message boards. But I will continue to hound you down, bc I simply enjoy it. 

Here’s a decent cut up game to watch.

Shows some good things and shows where my concerns lay.

“But but the QB”

Theres been a lot of good athletes drafted that have amounted to nothing btw but keep talking in circles and ignoring actual play from Moore

21 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

“But but the QB”

Theres been a lot of good athletes drafted that have amounted to nothing btw but keep talking in circles and ignoring actual play from Moore

I watched this last night. There is more to appreciate than to criticize here. Often people don't consider that coaching has a lot to do with a player becoming a premiere player.  DJ Moore has all of the tangibles to be a dominate player, he just needs the coaching.

The concerns with his route running, blocking, and patience will be taught to him. Thankfully he doesn't have an existing injury or go to a school that has a weird semester system.... he will get a full rookie off season.  Taylor will do his work and get this kid in the right place to be successful, and you know for damn sure that Turner will make sure this kid gets it.

He reminds me of a Anquan Boldin esque player, and I am excited to see him dominate backs. I firmly believe he will be lining up on the outside, but if you put this kid in slot- you have to worry about that nickel back.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I watched this last night. There is more to appreciate than to criticize here. Often people don't consider that coaching has a lot to do with a player becoming a premiere player.  DJ Moore has all of the tangibles to be a dominate player, he just needs the coaching.

The concerns with his route running, blocking, and patience will be taught to him. Thankfully he doesn't have an existing injury or go to a school that has a weird semester system.... he will get a full rookie off season.  Taylor will do his work and get this kid in the right place to be successful, and you know for damn sure that Turner will make sure this kid gets it.

He reminds me of a Anquan Boldin esque player, and I am excited to see him dominate backs. I firmly believe he will be lining up on the outside, but if you put this kid in slot- you have to worry about that nickel back.

I fully believe he’ll be a good slot WR. He does have that Boldin toughness and he does run some nice intermediate routes. I don’t think he has the ability to win consistently on the outside and you see that from his cut ups. 

For sure somethings will improve and he isn’t a finished product but I feel like with CMC and Samuel these type of guys are getting a little redundant. I am a big Daesean Hamilton fan and feel like if a slot is what we wanted then getting him in the 2nd and grabbing another position in the 1st would’ve been better value.

At the end of the day could we have done worse than a good slot? Of course but as someone who isn’t a Funchess fan I felt like we could’ve found our next number 1 in Ridley as well. Who in my opinion is an Amari Cooper lite but like I said that doesn’t help us out this year as much as Moore does. 

Really hope Norv has his sh!t together and knows exactly what he’s doing with all these guys.

24 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Just hit me that we're going to have DJ Moore for at least the next five years. Fugging right Hurney, way to do the right thing.

I think Moore's floor is Golden Tate, which is a hell of a lot better than anything we've had lately.

I’d sign up for Golden Tate in a heartbeat. One of the more under appreciated WR’s. 

If Moore can be Tate then we’re golden...

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I fully believe he’ll be a good slot WR. He does have that Boldin toughness and he does run some nice intermediate routes. I don’t think he has the ability to win consistently on the outside and you see that from his cut ups. 

For sure somethings will improve and he isn’t a finished product but I feel like with CMC and Samuel these type of guys are getting a little redundant. I am a big Daesean Hamilton fan and feel like if a slot is what we wanted then getting him in the 2nd and grabbing another position in the 1st would’ve been better value.

At the end of the day could we have done worse than a good slot? Of course but as someone who isn’t a Funchess fan I felt like we could’ve found our next number 1 in Ridley as well. Who in my opinion is an Amari Cooper lite but like I said that doesn’t help us out this year as much as Moore does. 

Really hope Norv has his sh!t together and knows exactly what he’s doing with all these guys.

I don't see Moore being as much as  a slot as I do lining up on the outside. He posses the quick cut ability for the inside slants that we will be bringing back to our offense. He also nails the curl routes as you specified before. He will definitely be moved around the line up, but I expect him to be more of the X/Z position on the field. All depends on Funchess.

Side note: Why can't you be sensible in your posts like this one more often? Instead of bragging about your money, talking poo about "homers" , or acting as an elitist. It is much more appeasing to actually discuss football with you as opposed to point out flaws in your posts.

41 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

“But but the QB”

He has played with almost 8 different QBs and still produced, enough said. 

Wasn’t really excited about WR in round 1, because there weren’t any automatic all pro guys and I feel like that’s what we need if someone wants to challenge Funch for WR1.

That being said, with the way the draft fell, having our pick of the litter at WR and knowing Norv is the guy who ranked those WRs, I at least knew we had the best possible guy for what we want to do.

what iced it for me was seeing Steve Smith say Moore was his legit replacement while having a tear in his eye. He’s known just like we’ve all known. Even guys we all want to root for haven’t been able to fill those shoes. Is passion for Moore, even before we picked him, shows me this kid may be that real deal and it got me super hyped for it.

we’ve got the whole offseason now and he’s got work to put in, but I’m a believer now. Size and past usage isn’t the end all be all for a rookie. Im excited for the journey.

27 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I don't see Moore being as much as  a slot as I do lining up on the outside. He posses the quick cut ability for the inside slants that we will be bringing back to our offense. He also nails the curl routes as you specified before. He will definitely be moved around the line up, but I expect him to be more of the X/Z position on the field. All depends on Funchess.

Side note: Why can't you be sensible in your posts like this one more often? Instead of bragging about your money, talking poo about "homers" , or acting as an elitist. It is much more appeasing to actually discuss football with you as opposed to point out flaws in your posts.

Yeah I agree the slant and curl are his better routes. Like I said, personally I think he’d do a lot better in the slot but I think you’re right about the Panthers seeing him more as a X/Z guy.

If someone just attacks my argument I enjoy a healthy debate back and forth. I want you to sell me on Moore I want to like him but if people are just going to bash posts because of negativity then I’m not going to put much effort into saying anything decent back. I don’t take any of this crap personally (as I don’t think you do either) so if people want to go cheap shot for cheap shot I’m good with that too. But that’s why I asked you to actually give me something on this because I know you’re capable of a solid football debate (many here aren’t). 

But yeah, I see a lot of Samuel in Moore and I’m not sure if you were around last year but I didn’t like Samuel the prospect and was met with the same sort of backlash as I am now. I think Moore is definitely more polished than Samuel as a WR BUT like we know, he does still need to work on his route running which isn’t as easy as just saying that. Route running is such a tricky thing and it’s tough to just be like “ah he just needs to work on his route running” and be ok with that. Obviously I’ve been wrong before and I hope I’m wrong here again, I just have my concerns that’s all

Archived