• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Select Dj Moore

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Take a scat back with the 8th pick last year only to follow it up with a measly slot WR this year!

Ridley is one of the best route runners coming out of college but like I said a week ago we don’t value route running one bit

Are you the King of Pessimists or something. Always with the negativity on any players drafted. Norv knows who to get and who not to get. Norv is going to get this team on the right track unless Hurnia messes it up for us.

2 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Are you the King of Pessimists or something. Always with the negativity on any players drafted. Norv knows who to get and who not to get. Norv is going to get this team on the right track unless Hurnia messes it up for us.

I want a true number 1 WR and we had a chance to grab one last night.

I was told about the real possibility of Moore months ago so my mind was made up on Moore long before last night. 

Moore is at best what the Panthers were hoping Samuel would be. Ridley isn’t a slot guy and for the right now, this season, Moore fits better BUT neither Smith or Funchess is a good enough reason to pass up on Ridley.

I know most of this board throws on a 3 minute highlight reel and ooo’s and aw’s over it but really watch Moore.

He had the highest percentage of screen and curl routes in the nation. 

I mean this sh!t shouldn’t happen.

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I want a true number 1 WR and we had a chance to grab one last night.

I was told about the real possibility of Moore months ago so my mind was made up on Moore long before last night. 

Moore is at best what the Panthers were hoping Samuel would be. Ridley isn’t a slot guy and for the right now, this season, Moore fits better BUT neither Smith or Funchess is a good enough reason to pass up on Ridley.

I know most of this board throws on a 3 minute highlight reel and ooo’s and aw’s over it but really watch Moore.

He had the highest percentage of screen and curl routes in the nation. 

I mean this sh!t shouldn’t happen.

We don't need another receiver that goes down when the wind blows. Ridley isn't what this offense is looking for man. It isn't a schematic fit for Turner's offense.

Maybe a fit in your Madden world, but not for the new offense. The reason he was picked is because they know how they want to use him in Norv's offense.

This isn't your team, so just stop. In the words of Brennan Huff - "Sh-Sh-Shutup, you are coming off stupid."

Also, stop cherry picking for your argument. You are obviously not thinking rational, you are thinking with emotion, like most dimwits do.

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We don't need another receiver that goes down when the wind blows. Ridley isn't what this offense is looking for man. It isn't a schematic fit for Turner's offense.

Maybe a fit in your Madden world, but not for the new offense. The reason he was picked is because they know how they want to use him in Norv's offense.

This isn't your team, so just stop. In the words of Brennan Huff - "Sh-Sh-Shutup, you are coming off stupid."

Also, stop cherry picking for your argument. You are obviously not thinking rational, you are thinking with emotion, like most dimwits do.

That’s literally the only thing I can possibly think of that teams were concerned about with Ridley. 

His weight and frame.

Im all for some back and forth on these guys but you’re bringing literally nothing to the table. I’ve said Moore has a few nice routes he runs and a couple splash plays on screens but there isn’t much more. Many of you do the same blind homer thing year after year...

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Why-the-Panthers-picked-DJ-Moore-over-Calvin-Ridley/e6a90ddd-9ec4-47ba-90c3-b896a6f9cfe2

Why the Panthers picked D.J. Moore over Calvin Ridley

When they went on the clock with the 24th pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, two players they feared wouldn't still be on the board were. 

“We loved them both,” wide receivers coach Lance Taylor said of D.J. Mooreicon-article-link.gif and Calvin Ridley. “I didn't think there was any dream scenario that both of them would be there available. I don't know if there would have been a wrong choice.”

But they did make a choice. So why was it Moore?

“He’s 210 pounds,” general manager Marty Hurney began to explain.

That’s 20 more than Ridley, whose slighter build could make durability a concern. But it’s how Moore uses his 6-foot frame that mostly intrigues the Panthers. According to Pro Football Focus, Moore averaged 9.9 yards after the catch on crossing routes and screen passes last season at Maryland while forcing 20 missed tackles. 

This was Norv's pick and he is our offensive coordinator and a seasoned one at that. I will trust his judgement and if it doesn't work then we are use to it. I like the pick. I don't think that Ridley would have fit the sysem . He is not a big wr and we have enough small wrs. I hate he went to Atl was hoping Patriots would get him.

We didn't need another soft ass receiver. What good is separation if you can't make the catch at the point of contact? DJ is fearless, will get separation and make the tough catches. I'm so happy we passed on Charmin Ridley.

Archived