• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Select Dj Moore

Jeremy Igo

The draft is about projection. DJ Moore has the most upside of any receiver because of his athletic ability and the fact that he played with 8 different QBs in 3 years. If DJ Moore had played at Penn St. or Notre Dame or USC he would have been far and away the best prospect because his stats would have been much better and his usage on the field would have been better.

4 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

My issue with Moore is solely that Calvin Ridley was available and Ridley was far and away the best WR in the draft. Moore and Sutton are both close IMO, but neither hold a candle to Ridley. If Ridley was gone, I was fine with Moore if we thought we had to take a WR in the first round, though I preferred trading back.

He's simply not a first round talent. He's not even really second round, late second, maybe. Smitty can say what he wants. Smith though Kealoha Pilares was a good WR.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll regret this one for a long time to come, especially since Ridley went to Atlanta.

That's your fuging opinion.. At least 4 other "actual" draft analysts had Moore higher than Ridely.  

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Ok here is cut ups from the first game that popped up on Youtube so I can’t be called a cherry picker.

Please tell me how this guy is worth the 24th overall pick. 

One could argue he’d make a better QB than WR after watching it

Hahahaa dude you are so worthless. I watched this video and determined that his QB was awful. Then I watched the next video (that plays directly after, from same user) and I came away impressed even MOORE!

even when you cherry pick... you fail. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Hahahaa dude you are so worthless. I watched this video and determined that his QB was awful. Then I watched the next video (that plays directly after, from same user) and I came away impressed even MOORE!

even when you cherry pick... you fail. Pathetic.

So “QB was awful” that’s your takeaway? Maybe try watching again and actually watch Moore.

I don’t give a poo what the QB does, we didn’t draft him. 

Other than a decent double move in the second video I posted, Moore could be at best a solid intermediate route type guy. 

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

So “QB was awful” that’s your takeaway? Maybe try watching again and actually watch Moore.

If the receiver isn’t put in a place where the ball thrown is catchable, how can you identify if he is good or not? 

If you want to talk off ball skills - he beats his man off the line every pass. He knows how to use his body to position for a catch, and he isn’t afraid to go across the middle. 

Poor blocker. Relies on speed when lined up in the back field. 

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Other than a decent double move in the second video I posted, Moore could be at best a solid intermediate route type guy. 

If we ever win the Super Bowl, somehow you'll spin it into a negative.

Seriously, if fandom made me as miserable as it does you, I'd find something else to do with my free time.

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That's your fuging opinion.. At least 4 other "actual" draft analysts had Moore higher than Ridely.  

After the combine. The "actual" draft analysts, none of which got more than like 5 picks correct, always over-value players with great combines. Ridley was doing things against elite competition and he just always gets open. Ridley and Julio is going to be a mountain of a problem. I trust James to all but erase Ridley at least at first when we play them, but then who's left to cover JJ?

Archived