• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Hurney 1.0 drafting for the Saints?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Correct. But the both of them together have combined for a solid nothing. So 2 #1s together have done jack poo. 

Me thinks you protest a little too much for a good who's honestly happy about it...

Look, the Saints had an all-time great draft last year. Any objective person knew it was going to be good, although I didn't know (and certainly hoped) it wasn't going to be as good as it turned out. Still, everyone knew at the least those were solid picks.

There's no getting around that objectively speaking this trade was an incredibly dumb move giving up that kind of draft capital for a non-QB.

Unless he develops into a perennial Pro Bowler with the Saints it's a stupid move.

But hey, you got some house money from last year and you're all-in now. But you can't expect anyone to not think it was the worst pick so far given what they gave up

Payton may ride into the sunset with Brees so may he's not worried long term either

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

Me thinks you protest a little too much for a good who's honestly happy about it...

Look, the Saints had an all-time great draft last year. Any objective person knew it was going to be good, although I didn't know (and certainly hoped) it wasn't going to be as good as it turned out. Still, everyone knew at the least those were solid picks.

There's no getting around that objectively speaking this trade was an incredibly dumb move giving up that kind of draft capital for a non-QB.

Unless he develops into a perennial Pro Bowler with the Saints it's a stupid move.

But hey, you got some house money from last year and you're all-in now. But you can't expect anyone to not think it was the worst pick so far given what they gave up

Payton may ride into the sunset with Brees so may he's not worried long term either

Eh. I'm not huge on the move. Lot of capital. I don't hate it but I don't love it. I love the pick though, but I'm high on Davenport.

4 minutes ago, Marcogreenbush said:

Loomis does weird stuff but it always seems to workout 

Really?? Before last year his failures in the draft and FA wasted a lot of Bree's prime. Loomis sticks around bc he does what Payton wants

Archived