• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it is Hurst in the First, I will....

Jeremy Igo

31 minutes ago, rayzor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7808880im really going into this draft with no expectations or any clue what will happen. I think the only thing that might piss me off is him trading away next year's first for some reason.

Beyond that....ehhh whatever. I'm not going to get too worked up about it like all those overreacting people I'm probably going to have to give out warnings to.

There has never been any draft where I've gotten mad over the pick.  Surprise, confused, maybe, but never mad. 

The draft is far from an exact science. To many variables, from the scouting department, to coaches input, and then the final decision. 

I may not agree with a draft pick, but I'm not the one making the pick. There is always a reason for the pick, and if it doesn't work out, I still don't get upset, because once again, the draft is always a roll of the dice, and no matter what a college player looks like, they don't always develop/translate to the NFL.

I wouldn't care honestly.

Don't care if we sign him to extension 5 years from now. Just care what he does in those 5 years.

Dude was two or three years younger he'd be a top 15 pick. He's not my favorite choice because of his age admittedly but, like, 26 year old Greg worked out for us.

I'll figure we've got three and a half months until our season starts and then I'll be able to see how wise the decision was.

If we grab him in the first, he'll be coming into the best situation a TE could hope for at the beginning of his career. 

Archived