• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I smell a trade happening...

Jeremy Igo

He'll do great. I don't see how a guy like Norv comes in and you don't give him a pick. Your likely to see offense with the 24th pick.

The 2 3rd's are likely to be packaged for a move up to give the defense a 2nd rounder.

They are obviously in win now mode so more picks(rookies) aren't what they want. Impact players are what they want out of this draft because this may be the last time these guys work together.

A trade up in the 2nd for Dallas Goedert sounds pretty Hurney to me.  

Would think Penny or Miller would be the likely trade up targets early RD2.

This year could actually be good for a trade down scenario.  Once you pass the top-12 or so, it's pretty even tier wise until around 45 IMO.  

6 minutes ago, davos said:

A trade up in the 2nd for Dallas Goedert sounds pretty Hurney to me.  

Would think Penny or Miller would be the likely trade up targets early RD2.

This year could actually be good for a trade down scenario.  Once you pass the top-12 or so, it's pretty even tier wise until around 45 IMO.  

A million times yes to your last sentence. If we could trade down into the top 10 of round 2 and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th by doing so that would seem like the much better option. Lots of good talent in rounds 2-3 that are probably just as good as anything outside the top 10-15. 

So normally I fully 100% agree the 5th option is too nice to trade down to gather more picks.

Right now no.

If we could get to 33-35 and get another 2nd its 100% worth it.

We are working on a tight window.  Gather up as much talent to win now.  We are that close.

Worrying about something 5 years from now when Cam, Luke, and Greg are gone is beyond dumb when you this close now  with these guys windows closing.  

And with this QB class, as many that are projected 1st round guys.  You are going to get more than the scale chart value.  A team that needs a QB and going for one, that chart goes out the window.

On 4/25/2018 at 9:06 AM, Saca312 said:

Eh disagree that Hurst is even worth a second rounder lol. Let alone even a third round consideration.

He's not that good, has a low ceiling, and he's 25.

I've been on record to say I wouldn't touch him with a first. But to say you wouldn't take him with a back end second? You sound crazy bro. He is good. Just not round 1 good. 

Archived