• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I smell a trade happening...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Eh disagree that Hurst is even worth a second rounder lol. Let alone even a third round consideration.

He's not that good, has a low ceiling, and he's 25.

I think this is going to be one of those circumstances where you're going to have to have a nine course---err, crows meal. Not his draft position, but whether he sucks or not. I don't know who you are out on that limb with, but it's likely going to break.

46 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I may be in the minority but I want to trade down and get an additional high second and a third. That gives us 2 seconds and 3 3rds.  

36 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Finding a partner for that trade will be tough...

I feel like most likely a big name receiver (i.e. D.J. Moore, Calvin Ridley) would have to drop in our lap to get interest from the bottom of the 1st round/top of the 2nd.

That said, the Huddle will probably implode if Hurney passes on either of those guys and trades down. 

Said the same thing yesterday. Don't see a trade on the first but could become very likely in the second or third. I also agree with the positions targeted. I think we go DB in the first and then G/C or TE in the second. Don't think we go WR or RB before the third unless one of the top players really falls. Obviously we would have to look hard at a top 10 player who is still there at 24.  A guy like James comes to mind.

2 hours ago, d-dave said:

I'd really prefer a trade down in to the upper 2nd round, maybe picking up a 4th in the process.

From several of the draft rumor sites, some execs are saying there are 7 or so true first round talents, and then the difference between the 20th and 60th pick isn't very wide.

Basically, that aside from a few top heavy players, the draft has similar players throughout the 2nd-3rd rounds.

My hope is that one of the QBs slide, or there is a run on a position and we can slip down to the top of the 2nd, add a later pick or two, and still get similar quality players.

Exactly. If trading away picks is what Hurney is thinking, he would be making the same mistake that Gettleman made. 

If we decide to move up in the second I hope we don't do it by giving up a 3rd.

I would much prefer us to move down in the first and use that draft capital to move up in the second.

For example right now we have picks 24 and 55.  Picks 30 and 43 have the same total value. 

If we are willing to move out of the 1st round picks 35 and 36 have the same value as 24 and 55.  Moving out of the first might actually get some premium on the trade value chart since it is moving the other team back into the first.

Personally I don't think there is a good be a huge difference in that 20-40 range unless someone unexpectedly falls.  I could actually see 55 being a tier lower.  By trading down you might end up getting two players in the same tier as you would have for staying at 24.

Archived