• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Hurney...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Johnny Rockets said:

As important as the draft is, you would think teams would at least invest more than 2% of their payroll on R&D (scouting). Most companies spend 20% on that type of thing but not the NFL. I've never understood that. No wonder there are so many swings and misses. . 

The Steelers are really big on scouting.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Really looking toward this draft. I think it will be great. I promise Hurney has poured over everything and is very prepared. After all this is where most of his criticism has come from. He wants very much to hit this draft out of the park as he continue to seek redemption. I hope he does fantastic.

You think him wanting to “hit a home run” has a little something to do with his job being on the line with new ownership?

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

You think him wanting to “hit a home run” has a little something to do with his job being on the line with new ownership?

Likely a factor but I gather he also wants to atone for past mistakes. Like a do over in life which is usually rare.

4 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I trust 1st round Hurney, after that lock him in the draft room closet till Sunday.

I just had a sickening thought.  What if Hurney is only good at first round picks because the scouts fight so hard against him that he finally caves in to them, but they are so worn out from the effort that they let him go in the second round.  Then they get their second wind in the third round and manage to reel him back in a bit.

I'm really depressing myself.

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

This draft isn’t too top heavy and has a ton of mid round talent. It will be incredibly hard to fug this draft up. There’s like 100 players that are second to third round talents.

38 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

hurney-e1500476674184-1080x675.jpg

“Hold my beer....”

Archived