• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Round 1 Prediction Thread - time to sound off

Jeremy Igo

Rodrique continuing to mentioned Reid makes me think he's the pick at 24 unless the draft shakes out in our favor.  By in our favor, one of these guys we've mentioned still has to be there...

Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, Calvin Ridley, Harold Landry (haven't been linked to as much, but Huddle wants).  If none of those guys are there, I think Hurney is deciding between Reid and Hurst.

Either will help the team, but both could be reaches at 24 and make the Huddle riot. 

21 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Rodrique continuing to mentioned Reid makes me think he's the pick at 24 unless the draft shakes out in our favor.  By in our favor, one of these guys we've mentioned still has to be there...

Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, Calvin Ridley, Harold Landry (haven't been linked to as much, but Huddle wants).  If none of those guys are there, I think Hurney is deciding between Reid and Hurst.

Either will help the team, but both could be reaches at 24 and make the Huddle riot. 

I dont think Reid is a reach at 24. The only other saftey projected to go ahead of him is Derwin James . Reid is likely LONG gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. We'd have to trade up to get him in the 2nd . 

I dont want anything to do with Alexander. Undersized, underweight, frail, and not physical enough. Landry is built like a LB, we really struggle to play 4-3 DE methinks. 

On 4/23/2018 at 10:11 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Welcome to draft week.

It is now time to sound off on round 1 of the draft.

Answer these three questions:

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first?

2. Who do they select?

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain?

Most accurate answer gets a prize.

The pick is Mike McGlinchey in the 1st.

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first? Yes, they trade down with the Patriots. Panthers move back to #31 in the first, also grab the late 2nd round, 63rd pick from the Patriots. Panthers use one of their extra 2nds and 3rds to trade up in the early 2nd round. Side note, Patriots grab Lamar Jackson at 24.

2. Who do they select? With the 31st overall pick, Panthers select G Will Hernandez.

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain? 25%. There are always haters. Reminiscent of the 2007 draft, Panthers move back and grab a day 1 starter. Moving up in the 2nd, the Panthers grab a top ranked CB that fell out of the 1st round. They select a RB and S in the late 2nd and late 3rd round. 

Archived