• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Round 1 Prediction Thread - time to sound off

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, BigSyke said:

Even with the age, I would prefer Ridley not only because of separation, but because Panthers are in "win now mode".

Few players are going to retire after this season and  also Cam/Luke are in the middle of there careers with injuries popping up.

Thomas Davis is also suspended so looks like Panthers will have to take a OLB(that can cover tight-ends) sometime in draft.

Fred Warner says hello 

23 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Welcome to draft week.

It is now time to sound off on round 1 of the draft.

Answer these three questions:

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first?

2. Who do they select?

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain?

Most accurate answer gets a prize.

Expect Panthers to trade up to get Ridley from the Tide and 50% will complain.

5 hours ago, BigSyke said:

Even with the age, I would prefer Ridley not only because of separation, but because Panthers are in "win now mode".

Few players are going to retire after this season and  also Cam/Luke are in the middle of there careers with injuries popping up.

Thomas Davis is also suspended so looks like Panthers will have to take a OLB(that can cover tight-ends) sometime in draft.

I can see your point and I don't disagree.  The WR corps would look great with Ridley out there.

1. We stay at 24.

2. I say CB. Alexander or Hughes.

3. Depends on what WR are left on the board. The bozos that think its an important position will complaint if Ridley and/or Moore are there. Same guys that probably bitched we didn't sign Nicks. 

So Denver announced the 5th pick is for sale....assuming QBs are taken 1, 2, and 3...And then the browns trade down with someone who takes a QB at 4....

Leaving Barkley and Chubb at 5 available....

And Denver wants their boy CMC and calls to offer #5 for CMC and a 2nd or something small....

Would you swap out CMC plus a small value for Saquon?? 

I like the idea of Rudolph and Jackson slipping down the board so that 24 looks more valuable for a QB. I would easily trade our first for a extra 2nd and 3rd. Gives us 5-6 picks in top 100, and if Hurnball likes what he sees in 2-3, get more picks. Drop from no mans land @ 24 where the pick doesnt match production/ASSumed value, and get another pick. Lord in Heaven please dont let the goddamn Saints draft Lamar Jackson. 

Archived