• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Round 1 Prediction Thread - time to sound off

Jeremy Igo

I dont think Moore is a good 1st rounder for Panthers.

People seem to love Moore because of his combine 40 time but he really never performed great vs top corners or played at that speed. He always seems to find best success in slot and he also doesn't get much separation.

Cam needs a guy that can get separation in the intermediate to deep routes, which is where his strength lies when it comes to accuracy. Greg Olsen up the middle of seam and Ginn deep passes were his consistently best throws.

1 hour ago, BigSyke said:

I dont think Moore is a good 1st rounder for Panthers.

People seem to love Moore because of his combine 40 time but he really never performed great vs top corners or played at that speed. He always seems to find best success in slot and he also doesn't get much separation.

Cam needs a guy that can get separation in the intermediate to deep routes, which is where his strength lies when it comes to accuracy. Greg Olsen up the middle of seam and Ginn deep passes were his consistently best throws.

Moore is a good all around player but if you are talking seperation that is Ridley.  Dude just blew by DBs.  I think Moore is tougher.  Tough call. Call me crazy but I think Sutton will be really good.  He moves pretty well for a big WR.

Ive considered the ideal WR for us would run 6'0-6'1 with speed to seperate and get deep.  If Ridley proves tough enough he is ideal IMO.

Think he will be gone though.

1 more small thing Ridley will be 24 in Dec.  Not old but older than others.. That and he had a very underwhelming combine outside of the 40.

Moore is probably the safer pick IMO more well rounded and tough.

1.Stay

2. Unlikely Ridley or Moore makes it to us with all WR needy teams ahead of us, Cb is going to be the pick, this is hard due to ownership change, in years past a guy like Hughes is off our board, I say it boils down to Jackson or Alexander, I think Alexander goes before us so I say Jackson at 24. I personally like Oliver, but either of the 4 and I can deal with. 

3. Only the huddlers who think we are set at cb with a suspect bradberry and crockwell who not many if any teams besides us showed interest in. When it comes down to the first round idc if the pick is WR,cb,de, or ot. All premier positions besides qb that we are not set at as a team and two of the above are direct reason we’ve underachieved in big games in pat years

7 hours ago, Shocker said:

Moore is a good all around player but if you are talking seperation that is Ridley.  Dude just blew by DBs.  I think Moore is tougher.  Tough call. Call me crazy but I think Sutton will be really good.  He moves pretty well for a big WR.

Ive considered the ideal WR for us would run 6'0-6'1 with speed to seperate and get deep.  If Ridley proves tough enough he is ideal IMO.

Think he will be gone though.

1 more small thing Ridley will be 24 in Dec.  Not old but older than others.. That and he had a very underwhelming combine outside of the 40.

Moore is probably the safer pick IMO more well rounded and tough.

Even with the age, I would prefer Ridley not only because of separation, but because Panthers are in "win now mode".

Few players are going to retire after this season and  also Cam/Luke are in the middle of there careers with injuries popping up.

Thomas Davis is also suspended so looks like Panthers will have to take a OLB(that can cover tight-ends) sometime in draft.

Archived