• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Round 1 Prediction Thread - time to sound off

Jeremy Igo

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first?

Neither. Stand pat.

2. Who do they select?

Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville.

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain?

48.7%

but this is probably what will actually happen. But I'm not sure if so many people will complain about it, the pick makes alot of sense and Alexander is right in the same conversation with Ward as best CB in the draft. 

Would be boring and predictable , but theres a high likelihood if we dont do any trading, we go R1 CB, R2 WR, R3 S R3 RB

3 hours ago, t96 said:

1. No

2. Calvin Ridley

3. Don't know but we can be 100% sure FreeFua will complain

It’s always flattering to know that you’re being thought of! ;)

Now with that said you couldn’t have f’d this one up any worse. There is no chance in hell Ridley is there at 24. He’s the best WR in the draft so your number 2 isn’t possible since you said “no” for number 1. Finally, Ridley is the only dude we could take in the 1st round I wouldn’t complain about and that’s a well known fact. 

Trade the # 24 Pick for..... Either additional 3rd round pick..... or..... (like we did with Early) trade 2nd round picks with some team and move up in the 2nd round.

Then draft Justin Reid who I think will still  be there available early in the 2nd round

1)Yes, we package pick 24 and 85 to move up to 18, Hurney will want to jump ahead of dallas who need a WR so we can get the guy we want, besides with 4 QB's going before us, you essentially pick a top 15 player from the rest of the bunch.

2)Calvin Ridley, WR

3)50/50.  Half here will be content, other half will imagine that Gettleman would have played 460 degree underwater chinese checkers and gotten exactly the guy he wanted while getting 10 extra picks.

Personally I want some offense but I'm warming to the Jaire Alexandar idea.  Dude's got some swag and probably starts day 1.  Not a big guy but he appears to have the rest of the measurables.   The injuries worry me a little but he can be an all pro.

44 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

It’s always flattering to know that you’re being thought of! ;)

Now with that said you couldn’t have f’d this one up any worse. There is no chance in hell Ridley is there at 24. He’s the best WR in the draft so your number 2 isn’t possible since you said “no” for number 1. Finally, Ridley is the only dude we could take in the 1st round I wouldn’t complain about and that’s a well known fact. 

I agree there's slim chance but I'm sticking with that prediction. And come on man be honest with yourself. You'll find something to complain about even if we took Ridley at 24!

Archived