• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Round 1 Prediction Thread - time to sound off

Jeremy Igo

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first? Nah. It'd be too complicated

2. Who do they select?  24 - CB Jaire Alexander. Probably the second best corner from this draft. If he falls to our pick, he should be the guy. Hughes makes no sense considering his poor history in the Carolinas, but Alexander has good connections here. He's both a good player and a guy with roots here. Perfect pairing.

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain? Around 20%. Half here won't even know who Jaire is or how good he actually is anyways, so they'll be neutral. The other will complain we didn't get geriatric nursing home resident 89 year old Hayden Hurst, and the others will just troll around. 

However, most will probably be neutral and more or less looking up more on him. I'll be spreading propaganda as usual.

I've held off making a prediction since my internet was so awful most of the past month... Until the past few days I could hardly have told you more than 2 or 3 prospects we're interested in who might fall to 24.

But having been able to read a few mocks and other analysis, I'll predict Ragnow. I think the hole at LG combined with Ryan Kalil's looming retirement makes that a HUGE need and Ragnow looks to be a good guy to fill it.  Of course he may not be there at 24... If not, I'll predict a CB.  Maybe Alexander.

Really would love to add guys like D. Hamilton, Shaqem Griffen and maybe the UVA QB (forget his name right now) in later rounds...

On 4/25/2018 at 9:28 PM, BigWoody said:

1. No

2. DJ Moore

3. The huddle has almost 20,000 members now. We'll get at least 100 complaints. It'll seem like a lot, bc everyone bitches about everything on here, but still less than half a percent

Winner winner

On 4/23/2018 at 11:52 AM, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

1. Do the Panthers trade up or down in the first?   No

2. Who do they select?  D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland

3. What percentage of the Huddle will complain?  80% of the huddle will be upset because player X was still on the board.  15% trust the process.  5% wanted Moore and are ecstatic. 

Nailed it.

Archived