• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about the Panthers record before the bye?

Jeremy Igo

Would like to be 2-1, but 1-2 won't surprise me a bit.  We've got just two difficult games over the next five though, so I expect us to be 4-4 at the worst halfway through the season.  Given our history of playing well late in the year, if we do go 4-4 to start I think we still enter the last three games with at least 7 wins, and probably 8.  That will make our final three games critical, which is probably what the schedule makers wanted.  At least two of those are home.

One wild card in all of this is that we have not 1, not 2, but THREE new coordinators.  

There could be some growing pains, take guys time to adjust.  Think how awful Matt Ryan looked first year under Shanahan...

It adds another wrinkle. At least this season Cam's healthy.  That helps immensely.

4 hours ago, KB_fan said:

One wild card in all of this is that we have not 1, not 2, but THREE new coordinators.  

There could be some growing pains, take guys time to adjust.  Think how awful Matt Ryan looked first year under Shanahan...

It adds another wrinkle. At least this season Cam's healthy.  That helps immensely.

And he has Olsen back and healthy who has been money in the red zone and on third down.

4 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I really doubt we reinvent the wheel but with that said Cam and Ryan are different QB's. Cam is leagues better than Ryan both talent and knowledge wise. 

Archived