• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Early bye week.

Jeremy Igo

Meh, we historically suck after a bye under Rivera so might as well get it out of the way early instead of breaking our stride once we hit our rhythm late per usual.

No telling when a bye week might be most beneficial. You never know when you may have key players dinged up needing a break.

5 hours ago, PantherBrew said:

At least, we will get out shitty, coming out flat and uninspired, game out of the way early.

Glass half full!

Yeah, we suck after a bye so who cares.  Get it out of the way so we don't have a flat streak later in the season.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Meh, we historically suck after a bye under Rivera so might as well get it out of the way early instead of breaking our stride once we hit our rhythm late per usual.

No telling when a bye week might be most beneficial. You never know when you may have key players dinged up needing a break.

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Yeah, we suck after a bye so who cares.  Get it out of the way so we don't have a flat streak later in the season.

What these guys ^^^ said.

Call me an optimist, but perhaps this year an early bye could actually work in our favor.

We've got 3 new coordinators. I imagine that after a few games, they might want to tweak a few things. 

Last year the team seemed to use the bye well to reevaluate. (The KB trade, better running by Stew and CMC...) I hope that getting a chance to evaluate and tweak early can help us avoid losses like the 2 UGLY pre-bye losses to the Saints and Bears last year. (Yes, I know we also lost 2 more times to Saints post-bye, but those losses were not so ugly).

Archived