• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel (via instastory @Panthers)

TheCasillas

On 4/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, Yaboychris28 said:

He plays with no fluidity at all. He body catches every ball like a HS JV player. I actually blame him for the Chicago loss. His fumbled pitch destroyed our whole momentum and looking back, cost us playoff position that we could have used. I hope you’re right, but I wouldn’t bank on it 

What games were u watching? He was more fluid than CMC with the ball in his hands. He made more defenders miss and he ran pretty good routes. Was he perfect no...But he flashed caught the ball pretty well i would say for a RB transitioning to WR.

9 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

What games were u watching? He was more fluid than CMC with the ball in his hands. He made more defenders miss and he ran pretty good routes. Was he perfect no...But he flashed caught the ball pretty well i would say for a RB transitioning to WR.

Obviously we we’re watching different games because CMC made way more plays than Samuel

On 4/19/2018 at 6:19 PM, TheCasillas said:

I am really not sure what you are trying to say here..... 

1. This was on the panthers official instagram, and no one is saying don't draft a WR. Matter of fact Hurney said he was....

2. Kalil is under contract for this year; we will be drafting a G/C in the draft.

3. The Olsen situation was blown out of proportion by the media. Check GO's latest tweet

Glad you asked...

Kalil has played 14 games in 2 years and his contract is ridiculous and, for the first time in a while, unguaranteed.  Tyler Larsen had a decent season.  We could cut him, and he knew it...So he gets loud about this being his last season, letting the fan base know he plans to return.  That makes it more difficult for the Panthers to cut him.  Take away his grande finale?  Marty is already unpopular.  Kalil is a smart person.  He was playing the crowd---possibly. 

About Olsen-alll we have to go by is the media, and players and teams use it to their advantage when they can.  I do not think he was playing the media thing as much as this--He knows we are drafting a young TE.  So if you wait until the season is over before negotiating a 2-3 year deal, there is less incentive on the part of the team to give you big money.  Olsen wants a deal based on the last few years' performance, not one with a young successor waiting in the wings.  Most likely, his role will be reduced to the #2 WR by 2019, when Olsen is about 34 or 35. 

These guys are smart.  They have families.  They are doing what I would do--but I sense they and their agents know Hurney and they are playing the game.  Kalil knew that he was a cut candidate and would lose $6m or so if cut; Olsen wants a new deal forged as a starter so he gets more up front, guaranteed money.  If he goes into the MNF booth next year, they will void his deal but he could be angling to get more guaranteed.  Just speculation, but it is what I would do as his agent. 

Archived