• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My one and only mock draft

Jeremy Igo

On 4/20/2018 at 1:22 AM, panthers55 said:

I like Hurst and think he will be a pro from day one given his age and experiences. I don't see his age as a big deterrent given he isn't high mileage with lots of wear and tear.

I just turned 30 and I feel like my body is slowly corroding... and I sit at a cube all day!

I think that Hurst would be the only pick we could make in the first that would truly disappointment. I would much prefer Daniels or Ragnow at 24 over Hurst.  

1 hour ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Man, I don't see how Hughes is on this team's radar considering his past:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/20/mike-hughes-telling-teams-about-sexual-assault-accusation-at-north-carolina/

Granted, he was ultimately not charged with anything. However, I have a hard time seeing this team picking someone that had these specific accusations thrown against him after the Richardson ordeal. If he's picked, you can bet he'll be asked about this accusation non stop from the worst sports paper in the country in the Observer. In today's society, if he says the wrong answer, it'll open a firestorm.

Yeah, that is true. With how everything is shaping up coupled with a few surprises, at least 2 elite corners should fall Panther's way.

4 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

I just turned 30 and I feel like my body is slowly corroding... and I sit at a cube all day!

I think that Hurst would be the only pick we could make in the first that would truly disappointment. I would much prefer Daniels or Ragnow at 24 over Hurst.  

The reason you feel corroded is likely because you sit in a cube all day. Physiologically 30 is still young.  Hurst hasn't played football all his life and initially signed to pitch for the Pittsburgh Pirates. He doesn't have much wear and tear but his previous experience as a pro will serve him well in the NFL. Plus he is both a TE and a hybrid receiver who can run longer routes much like Greg Olsen. We might be able to get him in the second.

Archived