• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My one and only mock draft

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

Hughes played one year at a small school, is small, and while a solid return man he isnt the fastest 

Ummm and at UNC... He was a high level recruit in high school, thought of VERY highly even as a freshman at UNC (as a starter) but was forced to transfer after being kicked out of school. He went to community college for a year THEN played a year at UCF and was highly regarded there as well. Kid is a legit stud and has HOPEFULLY grown out of the knuckleheaded stuff that got him kicked out of UNC.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Here is how I see it playing out in rounds 1-3... 

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2018/04/19/2018-carolina-panthers-mock-draft/

TLDR

CB - Hughes

TE - Hurst

S - Bates

WR - Miller 

Okay, Hughes or S Reid, WR Moore not likely still available here. 

Not okay, a TE here, get one in the 5th round plus a high pick in '19.  Team needs a down hill RB here.

Bates, likely not available but good if there.

Miller,  likely not available but good if there.

Having two picks in the 3rd could mean using one to trade up in the 2nd round.

7 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

works for me, and realistic.

I would be shocked if more than one of the four are there at their respective spots.

I will say though that Hughes might be more in play than some around here think.  People get caught up over his height but I've seen him listed as the second best CB in the class by some people.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Strong connection  to Carolina -- Hughes (UNC), Hurst (S. Car), Bates (Wake).

However, Miller is the next Steve Smith.  I would take him in the second/

No offense man...we've been waiting on the next Steve Smith since...Steve Smith.

48 minutes ago, Shocker said:

No offense man...we've been waiting on the next Steve Smith since...Steve Smith.

which has been how long---4 years?  Miller is a bit bigger, but he can catch the same routes.  Smitty was fearless over the middle, could play outside, etc.  All I am saying is that Miller is the only WR I have seen play with the same ferocity under fire.  No offense taken-we will never see a Smitty again, but this guy allows us to do some things I don not see Torrey Smith, Wright or Samuel doing.  I love the pick

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

which has been how long---4 years?  Miller is a bit bigger, but he can catch the same routes.  Smitty was fearless over the middle, could play outside, etc.  All I am saying is that Miller is the only WR I have seen play with the same ferocity under fire.  No offense taken-we will never see a Smitty again, but this guy allows us to do some things I don not see Torrey Smith, Wright or Samuel doing.  I love the pick

Man, Miller is slow, played against lower comp, ran mostly go routes, can't go across the middle and is undersized.  So...you are over hoping here man.

31 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man, Miller is slow, played against lower comp, ran mostly go routes, can't go across the middle and is undersized.  So...you are over hoping here man.

4.5?  Read more on him. I may have read the wrong article, but I have seen him billed as the Next SS.  We will know if a few years, right?

Archived