• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My one and only mock draft

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

I totally agree. I would not be surprised if we didn't pick one at all

I don't understand why we would at this point unless some player we like that we thought we be picked in the 2nd or 3rd somehow falls to the 5th.  Then, yeah, you might not want to pass up the value.  

39 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

guys

CAP is not going to replace Stew's production.   CMC is. We drafted him early for a reason. He is capable of and will be very productive given the opportunity.

CAP is the compliment.  will NOT be a 50/50 share

CMC will be worshipped and there will be a lot of people who will be made to look stupid. but there will be a lot of sweeping that crow under the rug

I’m not sold that he can carry the load as a runner yet but we sure as hell better be trying it. Use him like the Steelers us Bell as a focal point in the run game and the pass game. If he can’t handle it (I’m optimistic he can) then we can tone it down a bit and still keep him active in the pass game and a smaller role in the run game. 

As far as CAP goes we do need a bruiser for goal line and short yardage situations. McC is capable of that but not ideal. Better to have a power back for that and CAP is the closest thing we’ve got right now. I still anticipate us drafting a HB on day 3.

13 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I don't understand why we would at this point unless some player we like that we thought we be picked in the 2nd or 3rd somehow falls to the 5th.  Then, yeah, you might not want to pass up the value.  

We would in the late rounds because we could still use competition and depth at the position AND as far as day 3 picks go HBs probably have the highest hit rate. Makes a lot of sense to target some backs on day 3.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2018/04/19/2018-carolina-panthers-mock-draft/

By now all Gamecock fans are crying foul, assuring me Hurst will not be there for the Carolina Panthers selection. I am not so sure. Hurst is already 25 years old. That fact alone will drop him into round two. I suspect he will be there for the Panthers selection

I think he falls out of the 1st as well.

But dont see him lasting to our pick in the 2nd.

He's about a shoe in fit for the 2nd round pick New England gathered from SF.

Belichick likes this kid about as much as Gamecock fans and took him out when he went up to Boston to visit

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Belichick likes this kid about as much as Gamecock fans and took him out when he went up to Boston to visit

I think he will be the pick at 1 if Moore or a cb we like is not there.

14 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

I think he will be the pick at 1 if Moore or a cb we like is not there.

TEs arent valued as high as people think and just arent 1st round guys.  Hurst is good but he isnt near as good as a Hunter Henry who we all saw fall to the 2nd.

As I posted in my mock.  Writers and some scouts are on a High right now after last years TE class.  But when it comes back to draft day they will fall back down to earth

Excluding last year.  There have only been 4 TEs picked round 1 since 08 (when Greg Olsen was drafted #31 to the Bears and the only TE taken rd1 that year) and those 4 have only been drafted by 2 teams.  Detroit and the Bengals.  

There are going to be a few WRs and DBs fall inti our lap to choose from.

With a possibility of 5 QBs going before our pick and even 3 LBs.  There will be guys around who we think are going to be well gone before our pick

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Igo pointed out in the article that Hurney was likely to trade up to grab him. He didn't specify what we would trade.

Archived