• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Up

ericr0319

Would you rather trade up in the 1st or the 2nd? Going off draft pick value alone:

1. Trading up in the 1st - Would cost us 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to get into Miami region (#11), or just a 1st and 2nd to get into Arizona territory (#15). I personally wouldn't be thrilled unless we took a Derwin James (I have extreme FSU bias, but, he's an amazing player). 

2. Trading up in the 2nd - Would cost us our 2nd and 3rd (depending on which we give) to get around Chicago (#39). This make sense if we see a RB, CB, or C/G falls. 

With two 3rds I would be shocked if we did not trade up. Just curious if you guys are in love with any players higher up on the board that would require a trade up. 

14 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Would you rather trade up in the 1st or the 2nd? Going off draft pick value alone:

1. Trading up in the 1st - Would cost us 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to get into Miami region (#11), or just a 1st and 2nd to get into Arizona territory (#15). I personally wouldn't be thrilled unless we took a Derwin James (I have extreme FSU bias, but, he's an amazing player). 

2. Trading up in the 2nd - Would cost us our 2nd and 3rd (depending on which we give) to get around Chicago (#39). This make sense if we see a RB, CB, or C/G falls. 

With two 3rds I would be shocked if we did not trade up. Just curious if you guys are in love with any players higher up on the board that would require a trade up. 

i think our first and a third could net us Derwin and it's completely worth it. No point in trading up in second unless someone falls that shouldn't.

6 minutes ago, CKI said:

neither.  let the chips fall where they may.  we need impact players in too many spots to trade up

we aren't getting an impact player in the third and if you're depending on that, then you don't know football.

I just don’t see many players who we could plausibly trade up for. In addition the cost of trading up in a QB heavy draft is prohibitive. Going up for Derwin James at a position which the team doesn’t value doesn’t seem likely to me. Also we didn’t have him for a visit or meet with him that I know of. I just don’t see it. Trade down please if possible.

23 minutes ago, RumHam said:

we aren't getting an impact player in the third and if you're depending on that, then you don't know football.

But there are impact players present in the third round.

Alvin Kamara's destruction of our defense is testament to that.

38 minutes ago, RumHam said:

...and there is no guarantee we get one in the first either. 

That is the problem with trading up, people convince themselves they have found a sure thing.  When in reality there are no sure things in the draft.  So if you miss on the guy you traded up for have missed on all the picks you traded also.

I'm not saying you should never trade up, but you have to look at the odds.  Do you want to trade a 38% and a 14% chance for one 45% chance? <totally made up numbers but it illustrates my point

Also using our 3rd round pick (85) moves us up to about 18th, still not convinced we get Derwin there.

41 minutes ago, RumHam said:

16 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

But there are impact players present in the third round.

Alvin Kamara's destruction of our defense is testament to that.

You could definitely get a RB in the 3rd to compliment CMC for example.  I'd call that an impact player and I bet you would too

Archived