• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Hughes

ericr0319

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

24 is too rich for Hughes though. I wouldn’t mind using Norwell’s third next year to move up in the 2nd to grab him after someone else at 24. 

I've seen him as high as the second CB on some list.  The only constant among the top group of CBs is that Ward is usually the first.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if 5 CBs go in the first round.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We don't have a CB on the roster signed past 2019. I have no problem going CB early. Even at #24.

CB and DE are two positions that I don't think you can have too many of with the way todays game is.  The positions are too important, too expensive, and too hard to find.

Also what does everyone think about changing our philosophy some with our CBs?  We seam to go cheap because we rely on our zone.  Maybe we need to be able to press a little more.  I think 2015 gave us a false sense of how good our defense could be because of the abnormally high number of turnovers we got.

Last year we tried to blitz more but that didn't always work well.  Seems like we need the ability to press a little more.

Asante Samuel was 5'10" (and probably shorter) when he came out of UCF, and I'd love Samuel in his prime. I really just found this interesting because I posted my best friend was waiting on the Panthers and Hughes during this meeting and gave me the inside scoop. lol. That said, I would love another CB on this team. He won't be matched on the #1 WR anyway. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd definitely rather have Jackson or Oliver if we go CB at 24.

Jackson completely. Oliver, i'd take either or. I am a tad bias with UCF and FSU being my alma maters. I would love Hughes in the 1st and Sweat in the 2nd. :shades:

I didn't see him wrap up but on a couple of tackles out of all 3 videos, instead going for the big knock down hit or taking the legs out from under the runner almost every time.  Sometimes it worked, but sometimes the runner was able to keep his balance and gain several more yards.   We've seen too much of that the past few seasons.  I'd rather have someone that is equally as good or better in coverage but can also tackle better.  

Archived