• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One huge grain of salt...

Jeremy Igo

Man yall got to understand Ron only like to talk about actually players on his roster, he is not going to speculate about possible players because thats not really what he does. so when talking about running backs, he is only going to speak about CAP, CMC and Fozzy because thats whats what he has right now. 

I personally think CAP will do alright. If he didn't fumble a couple of times he would have played more. But when he's played he usually did pretty good. I think they'll draft somebody later on and maybe pick up a vet to compete, but he's got some talent. They could not have kept him last year along with Fozzy if they didn't like them both.

17 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

CAP is the power back. 

Manhertz is the Tight End. 

This is all about not tipping their hand to anyone else in the draft. Neither of these statements is likely the case. 

First thought too, nothing like a good old fashion lie fest before the draft.

first rule for pre-draft news is don’t believe anything you hear!

8 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

At running back, there's still dirt cheap free agents to be had, might as well wait to the draft and take a guy if he fits, if not, move on and sign someone like Alfred Morris.

This.  With how many FA backs there are, we can afford to *see* if there is value at RB at some point during our picks, and if not, we can get a "bruiser" from FA.  

This is especially relevant if you believe the coaching staff that CMC will be the feature back and the new RB would just be a compliment, not a workhorse.

6 hours ago, musicman said:

I personally think CAP will do alright. If he didn't fumble a couple of times he would have played more. But when he's played he usually did pretty good. I think they'll draft somebody later on and maybe pick up a vet to compete, but he's got some talent. They could not have kept him last year along with Fozzy if they didn't like them both.

If fumbling is what kept him off the field then why was Stew playing. He had some awful untimely fumbles over the last couple years. Some games more than one 

I know people want us to have a stud RB to go with CMC but I feel that CAP will do a good job as our power back. He’s always put up decent numbers in the limited amount of time we have allowed him to play. He is cheap and doesn’t have any injury’s. We will be using CMC a lot more this year so why waste a draft pick or money on a top RB that won’t get that many snaps? 

I dont like having Manhertz as our #2 TE. However we honestly don’t use two tight ends much to begin with. If Olsen gets hurt it will really hurt us but as a back up Manhertz may be good enough for us. Dickson was our blocking TE and he sucked at blocking. Manhertz is bigger and I believe a better blocker so if you think about it we basically upgraded at blocking TE. Manhertz could end up doing well when given the chance. We really don’t have much tape to go off of. 

I really hope hope we can draft a solid TE sign one UDFA that is a project. we could have him sit for a  year as our #3 TE and learn.

The only draft isn’t loaded with TE and I honestly don’t believe the best TE in this draft will amount to anything special. I think we have a better chance of converting a player to TE or sign a udfa TE than actually finding a future TE for our team.

Just now, rmoneyg35 said:

I know people want us to have a stud RB to go with CMC but I feel that CAP will do a good job as our power back. He’s always put up decent numbers in the limited amount of time we have allowed him to play. He is cheap and doesn’t have any injury’s. We will be using CMC a lot more this year so why waste a draft pick or money on a top RB that won’t get that many snaps? 

I dont like having Manhertz as our #2 TE. However we honestly don’t use two tight ends much to begin with. If Olsen gets hurt it will really hurt us but as a back up Manhertz may be good enough for us. Dickson was our blocking TE and he sucked at blocking. Manhertz is bigger and I believe a better blocker so if you think about it we basically upgraded at blocking TE. Manhertz could end up doing well when given the chance. We really don’t have much tape to go off of. 

I really hope hope we can draft a solid TE sign one UDFA that is a project. we could have him sit for a  year as our #3 TE and learn.

The only draft isn’t loaded with TE and I honestly don’t believe the best TE in this draft will amount to anything special. I think we have a better chance of converting a player to TE or sign a udfa TE than actually finding a future TE for our team.

We don't use two tight ends because we don't have a good second tight end.

Archived