• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've made the family decision to NOT get flu vaccines.

TheSaint

just drink airborne daily (or Vitamin C + Zinc), it will help a lot.

I guess you didn't get your check from the lawsuit then?

http://www.nytimes.com/inc_com/inc1204579617407.html

Airborne Health, a Bonita Springs, Fla.-based herbal supplements firm, has agreed to pay $23.3 million to settle a class-action lawsuit brought against the company for falsely claiming its vitamins prevented colds.

I want to sue Vitamin C also...:)

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/vitamin-c-colds

Vitamin C was first touted for the common cold in the 1970s. But despite its widespread use, experts say there is very little proof that vitamin C actually has any effect on the common cold.

I guess you didn't get your check from the lawsuit then?

http://www.nytimes.com/inc_com/inc1204579617407.html

Airborne Health, a Bonita Springs, Fla.-based herbal supplements firm, has agreed to pay $23.3 million to settle a class-action lawsuit brought against the company for falsely claiming its vitamins prevented colds.

I want to sue Vitamin C also...:)

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/vitamin-c-colds

Vitamin C was first touted for the common cold in the 1970s. But despite its widespread use, experts say there is very little proof that vitamin C actually has any effect on the common cold.

Ah, thanks JR, I neglected to debunk that airborne garbage.

As I said earlier, I kinda got bogged down in the depth of the poop that is this thread.

By all means folks, feel free to not get the flu vaccine, assuming you are a healthy not superyoung or superold person. It likely won't make much difference whether you get ol' fashioned flu or the H1N1 variety, you won't box.

But please don't subject your children to preventable disease and complications.

They are innocent and should not suffer because of your right to tinfoilhattery.

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/QuestionsaboutVaccines/ucm186102.htm

A single 0.5 mL dose of Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine contains sodium chloride (4.1 mg), monobasic sodium phosphate (80 mcg), dibasic sodium phosphate (300 mcg), monobasic potassium phosphate (20 mcg), potassium chloride (20 mcg), and calcium chloride (1.5 mcg). From the manufacturing process, each dose may also contain residual amounts of sodium taurodeoxycholate (≤ 10 ppm), ovalbumin (≤ 1 mcg), neomycin sulfate (≤ 0.2 picograms [pg]), polymyxin B (≤ 0.03 pg), and beta-propiolactone (< 25 nanograms).

some of you want to put that crap in your bodies? Oh wait, you also probably put crappy processed foods in your bodies.

The real vaccine is eating correctly.

Oh noes, not SODIUM CHLORIDE!!!!

Do you know what a mcg is, or not?

Do you know how many mcgs of residual chemicals are in the magic foods you eat to protect you from rubella, rubeola, polio, measles, mumps, etc?

The answer is, you have no idea.

The issue is the amount. 1 microgram= .001 milligram

And those trace chemicals vs. getting a dread disease is a laughable perversion of concern.

Oh noes, not SODIUM CHLORIDE!!!!

Do you know what a mcg is, or not?

Do you know how many mcgs of residual chemicals are in the magic foods you eat to protect you from rubella, rubeola, polio, measles, mumps, etc?

The answer is, you have no idea.

The issue is the amount. 1 microgram= .001 milligram

And those trace chemicals vs. getting a dread disease is a laughable perversion of concern.

dread disease? that is the laughable perversion of concern.

again, eating correctly is the true vaccine.

I can't get the flu vaccine because it's cultured in Egg, which I am allergic to...

I'm also high risk because I have severe asthma, so if and when I get sick, it could develop into something worse like pneumonia before it's run it's course...

I've never gotten the vaccine, and have only gotten the fullblown flu once in my 28 years of existence... I cured it by lying in bed for 48 hours straight with nothing but a liquid diet and over the counter cold medicines... I developed an upper respiratory infection afterwards and bronchitis, but that was cleared up shortly with some antibiotics...

I don't agree with the platform of not getting the shot because of what's in it... I mean, stuff in underarm deodorant has been linked to Alzheimers, and anything you eat has enough substances (in the form of preservatives usually) to give 10 people cancer... Just think about everything you are exposed to on a daily basis... Even well and city water have enough foreign things in it that you should be worried about but aren't...

So, if it has a chance of decreasing your chances at getting something as uncomfortable as the flu, then it's probably worth it...

Archived