• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers signing free agent safety for 2 years

Jeremy Igo

I’m fine with this. It’s pretty obvious we intend to take a safety high in the draft and we should. We could take a CB if a good one is available, but I think we’ve grabbed guys there who we think have potential in our scheme and with our d line.

16 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Interesting. He's a box safety which Adams is theoretically going to be for us. And to add together, Adams at his old age is better than Searcy.

Then again, our scheme is so versatile any safety would work. Who knows. I think his fit is more box safety than FS though.

I generally agree with you Saca, but Searcy is better than Adams.  Adams is honestly borderline unstartable at this point.  I would feel much more comfortable with him on the sidelines or off the team

6 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

I generally agree with you Saca, but Searcy is better than Adams.  Adams is honestly borderline unstartable at this point.  I would feel much more comfortable with him on the sidelines or off the team

Adams was better than Coleman last year?

15 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Well, there is a guy......

reid.jpg.43df4cb94de919bf03471e3ca418d36d.jpg

I like this guy, but only for dirt cheap.

His Injury history has to be a Major reason teams havnt touched him

2 seasons ago, he contemplated retirement due to concussions.  Having 3 major one his first 2 seasons

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-safety-eric-reid-considered-retirement-due-to-concussions/

In addition to 2 other injuries the last 2 seasons, 1 resulting him being put on Ir

I believe this is a great signing. He can instantly be a starter for us and instantly upgrades the position. We didn’t have to spend a lot of money on him and at worst is a solid back up who will get a lot of playing time.

He has a lot of experience, not 30, even though people can play past 30 at this posotion.

He's a mediocre safety. That's the type of safeties we field. Just the truth. We needed a safety and he's better than anyone currently on the roster outside of possibly Adams.

I really hope we address safety in the 1st or 2nd round this year. It's been a long, long time since we've made a significant investment in the safety position. Hell, I wouldn't be mad if we have two new safeties by the end of the 3rd round or even a Star/KK style double dip.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a mediocre safety. That's the type of safeties we field. Just the truth. We needed a safety and he's better than anyone currently on the roster outside of possibly Adams.

I really hope we address safety in the 1st or 2nd round this year. It's been a long, long time since we've made a significant investment in the safety position. Hell, I wouldn't be mad if we have two new safeties by the end of the 3rd round or even a Star/KK style double dip.

I am well aware he is just a mediocre Safety in terms of production. He hasn’t done much since leaving Buffalo and to say that he is an upgrade over Coleman isn’t true at the moment. He may resurrect his career here, but Jarius Byrd was a more exciting signing than this and we know how that played out.

Our Free agent class is “meh” at best, just like it has been for the last ten years or more. Poe was an admirable salvage signing however, we took a small step back in terms of run stopping as of now. I do feel like Poe is starting to come into his peak. I like the potential of Cockrell over Worley, but let’s not kid ourselves, if he was what some around here think he is then he would have signed for major money. We’ve added some WR depth possibly, however, we lost a Pro Bowl LG. 

3 minutes ago, Gin and Juice said:

I am well aware he is just a mediocre Safety in terms of production. He hasn’t done much since leaving Buffalo and to say that he is an upgrade over Coleman isn’t true at the moment. He may resurrect his career here, but Jarius Byrd was a more exciting signing than this and we know how that played out.

Our Free agent class is “meh” at best, just like it has been for the last ten years or more. Poe was an admirable salvage signing however, we took a small step back in terms of run stopping as of now. I do feel like Poe is starting to come into his peak. I like the potential of Cockrell over Worley, but let’s not kid ourselves, if he was what some around here think he is then he would have signed for major money. We’ve added some WR depth possibly, however, we lost a Pro Bowl LG. 

Anyone still available a week and a half into free agency isn't going to be exciting.

Archived