• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meet with Justin Reid

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Probably would be good to interview him as much as possible.  His brother is an activist 1st, player second and he wants his money without earning it.

Um... what? What gives you the impression he wants his money without earning it? I get that his political views are a controversial topic, but that has nothing to do with him not earning whatever money a team might eventually pay him.

I've been doing a lot of research on Justin Reid lately and I'm now 100% on board with him as our 1st round pick. Frankly, I'm surprised he isn't being projected higher than he usually is.

He's a very clean player; there just aren't any big holes in his game. There are things he can improve on, sure, but his coverage ability is much better than most safeties coming out of college and he is very rarely caught out of position, something that has been a problem our safeties have had for years, regardless of who we've put back there.

We've settled for journeymen and roster scraps at safety for over a decade now; it's time we actually invest a top pick on a player that will be a force in our secondary for a decade to come.

Justin Reid, IMO, might just be that player.

13 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I've been doing a lot of research on Justin Reid lately and I'm now 100% on board with him as our 1st round pick. Frankly, I'm surprised he isn't being projected higher than he usually is.

He's a very clean player; there just aren't any big holes in his game. There are things he can improve on, sure, but his coverage ability is much better than most safeties coming out of college and he is very rarely caught out of position, something that has been a problem our safeties have had for years, regardless of who we've put back there.

We've settled for journeymen and roster scraps at safety for over a decade now; it's time we actually invest a top pick on a player that will be a force in our secondary for a decade to come.

Potentially but LG, CB, DE, and WR are big needs too. If Will Hernandez, James Daniels’s, Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, Harold Landry or Courtland Sutton is there too this front office better make the right decision. We can’t mess this draft up. 

38 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Josh Jackson and Justin Reid are pretty much my 1A and 1B for #24 of guys who are possible/likely to be available. If not one of them, then give me one of the interior OL.

Archived