• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assume no more free agents are signed ....

Jeremy Igo

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Just for poos and giggles, assume no more free agents are signed. 

What is your positional draft priority? 

I would say

S

TE

CB

G

RB

DE

I would think those positions are what most people would think.  The problem is that would get us to the 5th round.  Personally after the 3rd I really start to lose faith in finding a quality starter.  Actually the chances are not great in the 3rd either but I'm trying to be positive.

We have 4 picks in the first 100 picks so needless to say we will be filling some of these holes with cheap free agents.

Is the priority based on our biggest need or are we factoring in where we think we can draft some of these players.  I think guard is a really high priority but I feel like it is a deeper position so maybe we have a better chance of finding a guard in the 3rd round then some of our other positions.

Maybe something like:

CB

Safety

Guard

RB

DE and TE are a bit of a wildcard to me.  Both of which don't seem really deep this year so if we do address those positions it might have to be in the first.  I'm not sure if any of the top 3 TEs (Hurst, Goedert, Gesicki will be there by the time we pick in the second.  I do like the Ian Thomas guy, might be able to get him in 3rd or 4th. 

DEs are just scarce this year.  They are like left tackles, you have to reach for them and give them time to develop.  I'm afraid if we draft one (someone like Green or Hubbard) in the first he will be considered a reach by most of the experts here.  Considering the lack of them in free agency it might be worthwhile to invest in one though.

Ultimately we have to give up something somewhere though.  Once all the new rookies are added to teams and teams go from 90 to 53 there will be some cheap guys to sign.  The question becomes what spots are we most comfortable doing that though.

I still think there will be a group of players in that 25-35 range that will be fairly similar on grade to a lot of teams.  Unless a top 15 type of player (on our board) falls to us I would seriously consider trading down.

Archived