• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assume no more free agents are signed ....

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

They might pick a depth LB up in a later round though do you think? We have two R7 picks i think.

Sure.  Mayo was a 5th round pick and he turned out well!  LB depth is important for ST. We have sometimes had 7 LBs on 53!!  So, not saying we won't draft an LB, just that it's not an obvious priority.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Is LG not that important to you all ?  I see it this way:

1. CB
  2. FS
  3. LG
  4. TE
  5. RB
  6. C
  7. T
  8. K.O. Tee retriever

Whats a KO tee-retriever? Sounds like a bad night at Hooters.

The issue i have with taking an LG is that you once again ensure that Moton basically won't be more than a rotation piece for a second season. MKalil sadly obviously isn't going anywhere after they restructured his contract. Despite Sanjay's enthusiasm i really don't see him as a centre. I retain this false hope that coaching will find a way to actually use these first and second round picks they make as significant starters.

11 minutes ago, bababoey said:

So we just play with 2 LB on the field all game for every game?

We need depth but not a high pick. With Thomas (in 2019) gone theres still Kuechly Shaq Mayo. That could be done this year or next but with have greater priorities than picking an LB high.

16 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Hurney might have to trade back/out 1st round to get more picks cuz we currently have more holes than picks as it stands. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if that happens. It wouldn’t be too bad of an idea either, besides giving up the chance for a 5th year option. If we plan on filing holes in the draft, this could happen.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We need to fill a few holes in FA just to at least have some NFL bodies. Assuming we hit on more than 2 of the first 4 picks is a stretch. There are a few released guys who could help and won’t cost us the comp picks. 

Do you think there is a chance we sign guys like Marcedes Lewis or Tre Boston even? 

No matter what scenerio you throw out there, a position or two is going to be weak so we're gonna have to hope our defensive front seven can cover for the back end AGAIN, that someone steps up at WR AGAIN, and that McCaffrey proves he's worth being a top ten pick cuz he really didn't

Archived