• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assume no more free agents are signed ....

Jeremy Igo

I love using the fanspeak draft board/on the clock simulator. The hard part with it, most of our picks according to the draft board, doesnt bode well for finding a safety unless you want to reach for one or more. 

So it was between a 17th rated player in J. Alendander, or Ried at 44. I went with the CB because hes a better football player. Calvin Ridley was still on the board when we selected in the second round, but so was Tyrell Crosby the OT from Oregon. No safeties or interior OL were that high.. went with Ridley. In the 3rd, I liked Hayden Hurst with our first pick. I like him more than the big dude from Oklahoma, so I went there. For our second 3rd as a free pick, I was eyeing Kyzir White, but he went a pick after even though there were 30-40 players rated higher, so I went 3 numbers higher and picked the Edwards kid from VA Tech for S. I hoped to get though the 4th round (need that pick, thanks Andy Lee), with some quality RB's still on the board. No depth there in the 5th as ballage and scarborough went 4-5 picks in front of us. I came out of there with some edge talent in Duke Ejiofor from Wake Forrest. In the 6th I was looking best available and so I grabbed Bradley Bozman from Alabama as a C/G utility player. Doubled up from VA tech in the secondary and took Brandon Facyson in the 7th, and a kid from Oregon in the secondary as well with Tyree Robinson who I know from being a duck fan.. with the last 7th rounder. 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

DE and WR should get the shaft. There’s no DE or WR that I see making enough of an impact that it would take away the fact the we right now have no starting G (I’m fine with Moton at this point but G is so damn strong in the draft), no starting CB and no starting S. Also, 4-3 DEs suck in this class and are much better this year (both Clemson DEs went back to school and were potential 1sts). DE could be ignored completely IMHO. Peppers, Addison, Horton, Hall and Cox is more than enough this year.

S, CB and G are my top 3 with TE right behind. I’m even OK with sacrificing next year’s 3rd to get a 4th to pick up a RB in this strong class because of no more FAs we have an extra 3rd and 6th already. 

Upon further review I think we can kick the can on RB even. It's a strong class so we should at least throw a flyer out there, but honestly as long as CMC's healthy worst case scenario is CAP is as ineffective as Stew was last year.

How I would do this draft:

S (2 rd Reid or 3 rd Bates)

CB (1 rd Jackson)

RB (5 rd Ballage)

TE (3 rd Hurst)

OL (3 rd Ragnow C/G)

DE class sucks, draft 1 next year. QB, I like Gilbert's potential shown last preseason.

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Sad but true. What’s sadder is we’re almost out of cap.

Worse than that, Igo is already preparing us for the specter of losing our “WR1” in Funchess next year if he proves he can play well enough because of yet another cap disaster. How is this team ever going to explain pissing away a talent like Cam because they can’t find a way to surround him with NFL-caliber weapons? I just don’t get it. 

3 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Not to poo on the thread but if we’re done(and I suspect we are) the draft won’t help.  8-8, 9-7 another lost year with Cam.

Im losing hope quickly.

No don't say that because everyone gets offended when you tell the truth. They think we will go 19-0 with this team.

1 hour ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Worse than that, Igo is already preparing us for the specter of losing our “WR1” in Funchess next year if he proves he can play well enough because of yet another cap disaster. How is this team ever going to explain pissing away a talent like Cam because they can’t find a way to surround him with NFL-caliber weapons? I just don’t get it. 

Im good with losing Funchess next year...let him show out for that contract...

Archived