• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assume no more free agents are signed ....

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

and yeah, id rather use the best goaline player in the league to get the first or a TD when needed, idc if hes our QB. Hes an elite shortyardage converter, THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE and we would be stupid not to use that. hes already unconventional.. use him to his full unique ability, especially when those coverting/TD runs fuel his fire and gets him going

Im not saying don’t use him as a converter. Im saying we need a back that can do 1-10 or 2-6 on a stacked box. Up the middle. 

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Im not saying don’t use him as a converter. Im saying we need a back that can do 1-10 or 2-6 on a stacked box. Up the middle. 

my biggest thing is that I look at our secondary and all i see is a 3rd year guys coming off of a regressed season and an old man with a cane at SS

and thats all I see

thats dire to me

S, G/C, TE, RB, S/DE

I think going safety early will mask some of the inexperience at CB. I don't think we are really any worse this year at CB2 than we were last year.

Grab a Guard/Center type to fill in for current and future vacancies there.

TE and RB are self explanetory.

Safety or DE which ever is BP - we need both. I wouldn't mind grabing Marcus Allen, S, Penn St. later on if he is there. 6'2", 4.5, very good against the run. His projected draft round is all over the place.

9 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

my biggest thing is that I look at our secondary and all i see is a 3rd year guys coming off of a regressed season and an old man with a cane at SS

and thats all I see

thats dire to me

Oh don’t get me wrong I agree with you on that 

it’s when I put SS at second, even caveated it in another Igo thread. 

RB > SS, if still available in 1 at our draft spot for the price of a 1, if not. SS > OG. Return RB to round 2, RB > OG round three. If not available OG and flip the cycle.

BPA 4 Lyfe though. Not that Hurney has any idea what BPA is.

2 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

Assuming that, we're in deep poo.  This is what running a cracker jack franchise with an emphasis on everything except winning gets you.

did you know they took the prize out of the box the year after Peyton Manning won his second super bowl?

it's true.

iOL, CB, and S really stand out as needing actual starters.

I think many and underselling how rough the interior line is right now: apart from Kalil and Trai we have Larsen, GVR, and Dorian Johnson. With them looking at backups (a la Sirles) I think the plan is to go after a starting guard in the first, preferably James Daniels or Billy Price (health permitting) so they can move them to center next season with Kalil gone. 

Looks like safety is also a draft-focused position, as there has been no real effort to bring in even a serviceable vet. They obviously tried to fill CB in FA but now the cupboard is just about empty. And assuming no vet I think they go either DE or TE with their final top 100 pick. 

I'd look at QB pretty early on Day 3, which is fifth round for us, but we could still use more depth at RB, WR, and OT so really there aren't enough picks to go around. 

Flaming emergency needs due to depth age and need for upgraded talent - S, CB

Immediate need  due to roster depth - power RB

Needs in the next year for depth - G, TE

Needs due to lack of talent on roster, not due to lack of players - OT, WR

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Safety, guard, RB/CB

I would love to get a TE but this class is extremely weak. 

I would hate for us to pass on this interior line and running back class which is stacked beyond belief.

So who is the backup te? Greg is coming off injured foot and maybe one year. We are fugged!!!

First of all, if we are assuming we are done in free agency, then this team is nowhere near capable of a super bowl run with the major holes currently. 5 rookies aren't going to fix this.

So I would trade away KK, Cam, and Luke for as many 1st round picks as possible over the next 4 years and completely rebuild around young talent.

But alas, that's not the point of the thread. I truly think this team is 9 or 10 wins, maybe a playoff win, and then bust. As currently constructed. 

I would further go to say that picks could be traded for players who can contribute more now. If possible. So that the win-now mode is in full effect.

But to answer the OP:

S- Have to find a starter in round 1

CB- have to find a CB2. Trade back into first using a future pick?

G- deep class, can find a starter in round 3

RB- deep class, can find a power back in round 3

TE- quality can be found in the later rounds

DE- maybe take a flier on a guy who can contribute to the rotation? 

Archived