• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assume no more free agents are signed ....

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Harbingers said:

Such as Power RB.

considering the other needs on the team, i dont think its a hard decision to put our recources in other positions and let CAP take a couple carries and let CMC be the workhourse

again, this "power back" concept is a luxury to me. and its not a need like some people seem to think. especially weighing our other needs

It's early for this. There are still FAs out there who can fill some of these holes and we can still trade. But, as of right now, we absolutely need a S and CB. Maybe TE or RB next. Then BPA. Obviously we still need a backup QB.

I just don't see us wasting a pick on a QB who isn't going to be of any use for at least a year or two anyway. What good would that do us if Cam goes down?  The only way a QB pick could be realistically expected to contribute right away is if its a first three round pick and I can't see us passing over possible starters for a backup QB. 

8 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

considering the other needs on the team, i dont think its a hard decision to put our recources in other positions and let CAP take a couple carries and let CMC be the workhourse

again, this "power back" concept is a luxury to me. and its not a need like some people seem to think. especially weighing our other needs

CAP either seriously need to improve ball skills or not going to be pretty. 

CMC is not a power back. We all remind the mass complaining on this forum last year when they tried to use him as such. 

Which leaves Cam as our power back without a #2 TE or FB. Again not pretty. 

It may be a Luxury to you but think of who our HC is... Norv may pull away from the I or off set formation/run up the middle, a bit but we won’t know that till September. 

So I’m working with the information I have currently.

Just now, Harbingers said:

CAP either seriously need to improve ball skills or not going to be pretty. 

CMC is not a power back. We all remind the mass complaining on this forum last year when they tried to use him as such. 

Which leaves Cam as our power back without a #2 TE or FB. Again not pretty. 

It may be a Luxury to you but think of who or HC is... Norv may pull away from the I or off set formation/run up the middle, a bit but we won’t know that till September. 

So I’m working with the information I have currently.

CMC was one of the best at ypc with a stacked box last year, and has proven to be able to run up the middle in college

even so, we can get a complimentary big back in the mid to late rounds. 

and yeah, id rather use the best goaline player in the league to get the first or a TD when needed, idc if hes our QB. Hes an elite shortyardage converter, THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE and we would be stupid not to use that. hes already unconventional.. use him to his full unique ability, especially when those coverting/TD runs fuel his fire and gets him going

Archived