• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Willson signs with Detroit for .... 2.5 million?

Jeremy Igo

36 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

The same GM that made all those hideous decisions is drafting again so yes child it is relevant.

Also we were desperate for Luke Wilson because of the failures of previous drafts.

grab your crayons i will help you connect these dots

Ok, as much as I'd love to see your Deadpool-like drawings, I believe a person can learn and not make the same mistakes. I'm with you... I hate what Hurney did to this team, and wish he wouldn't have been brought back, but I think he's gained some perspective over the last couple years. You can't dwell on the past and keep thinking of what a persons mistakes were and expect to have any kind of a positive outlook on the future. Me... I'm a realist and very optimistic. Do I have my doubts? Of course... But I'm just having faith that we can put poo together this year. We have enough core pieces in place to do some damage with minimal pieces needed.... Luke Wilson wouldn't have mattered in this offense, so who cares? Next name in the board...m come on down.... 

Cheer up buttercup

Given who’s available right now, wait for the draft and draft fallout. Even if we don’t draft a guy, there could be better potential options leading up to the preseason/cuts. No need to overpay for an over the hill vet IMO. We got what we need for now.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:40 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

WT actual F? 

2.5 million? A good TE2 is not worth that much to us?

Hurney and Rivera have done OK in this offseason so far.  But letting Dickson walk (even though I find Dickson unimpressive) without signing a replacement is puzzling.  I guess they're looking to Round 2 or 3 in the draft for TE2.

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Rivera has never valued the TE position ever since we got rid of Shockey in 2011.

He's at least valued TE1 very highly, as shown by Olsen's contract. Which makes this a slightly higher priority compared to previous years due to Olsen's retirement/injury.

Archived