• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Willson signs with Detroit for .... 2.5 million?

Jeremy Igo

i personally don't really think the Panthers are set up to compete either in the short or long term, barring a situation where EVERYTHING falls into place like in 2015.

No ownership, no leadership at the top, retread gm, and a team built to compete in the late 1980s.

I can't imagine why an offensive player would want to come here. 

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, but pretty much everyone knows this is Greg's last year. He had the opportunity to replace the only TE that has had three consecutive 1000 yard seasons

Sure, but why would he sign a multi year deal on TE2 money when we would then be using him as a TE1 for the majority of the deal?  What he's done is bet on himself as a TE1 in an offense that throws a lot.  He has a great year in Detroit, hits FA next year and gets a multi year deal on real TE 1 money . . . maybe here, maybe elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, but pretty much everyone knows this is Greg's last year. He had the opportunity to replace the only TE that has had three consecutive 1000 yard seasons

yeah but thats what Jeremy igo would do.. play for his favorite team, like Wilson wants to do

he has an opportunity to get to be the #1 guy and put up big numbers for his home team and hopefully cashing out. he could eventually replace greg.. or not have to replace anyone and be the guy RIGHT NOW. NFL career can be brutal and take turns for the worst real quick. best take your best opportunity when it comes

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Sure, but why would he sign a multi year deal on TE2 money when we would then be using him as a TE1 for the majority of the deal?  What he's done is bet on himself as a TE1 in an offense that throws a lot.  He has a great year in Detroit, hits FA next year and gets a multi year deal on real TE 1 money . . . maybe here, maybe elsewhere.

Pretty obvious to me 

17 minutes ago, BrianS said:

It makes sense to me.  He comes here and he's a clear #2 TE in an offense that throws the ball less than the team he went to.  He goes there, becomes the clear #1 TE in an offense that throws a lot more.

No brainer tbh.

Or he could have signed a decent contract played as #2 this year and moved up to one next year when I assume Greg is going with the rest of the vets.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Or he could have signed a decent contract played as #2 this year and moved up to one next year when I assume Greg is going with the rest of the vets.

or be the #1 guy right now in a high passing offense with the chance to produce numbers and be a FA again next season..

but nah he clearly should have taken a deal with us to be our #5 option

psh

smdh

..some of you i swear

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Get over it. It already happened. We blew having Demaryius Thomas (in a draft where we took 3 WRs) with Everette Brown and passed on Antonio Brown for Hardy. Heck, if you want to laugh at knowing that a good 2010 draft would have netted us multiple Super Bowls by now just go look at the pro-bowlers we passed up and who we ended up with starting with our awful trade for Everette Brown. Then you can get some perspective on a truly stupid draft.

This is dumb because you're completely ignoring context. You might as well bitch the Panthers didn't draft an All Pro player in every single round with the gift of hindsight. 

Hunter Henry was an obvious pick, Vernon was a luxury depth add, and Gettleman fuged it up. And we're still dealing with fallout.

This is a messageboard. People talk about things like that. 

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

or be the #1 guy right now in a high passing offense with the chance to produce numbers and be a FA again next season..

but nah he clearly should have taken a deal with us to be our #5 option

psh

smdh

..some of you i swear

Don’t get me wrong, I already worked that into my equation. What I’m saying is he’s working for min vet pay with incentives. When he probably could have come out of here with a 6-8 million a year... oh wait... guessing Hurney tried to offer him a backloaded contract... 

see the dots? 

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Don’t get me wrong, I already worked that into my equation. What I’m saying is he’s working for min vet pay with incentives. When he probably could have come out of here with a 6-8 million a year... oh wait... guessing Hurney tried to offer him a backloaded contract... 

see the dots? 

20-01-connect-dots.gif

Archived