• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE2 is getting worrisome

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

He literally almost died on the field this season for the colts. I have no Idea how the guy was EVER cleared to play football with his spine problems. He's certainly done now though.

I'm sorry didn't have my sarcasm feature on...

On 3/20/2018 at 12:55 PM, Khyber53 said:

I said it last year, people didn't give Ed Dickson enough credit and thought he'd be easy to replace. He was a good TE2 who could fill in at TE1 in a pinch. There are so many teams around the league that didn't even have a TE1 that was his caliber because it is one of the hardest positions to develop in the league.

Great post.  

I kind of wonder if we'll regret letting Dickson go the way we regretted Cotchery absence in 2016 and Ginn absence in 2017.  When they left it didn't seem a huge deal. Some even said good riddance. But we missed them once they were gone.

27 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Great post.  

I kind of wonder if we'll regret letting Dickson go the way we regretted Cotchery absence in 2016 and Ginn absence in 2017.  When they left it didn't seem a huge deal. Some even said good riddance. But we missed them once they were gone.

I agree and I worry about this with Dickson and with Coleman, too. These are two guys who have spent a few years with the team and are now gone, along with their veteran leadership and easily discounted contributions. Guys like them make a big difference when they are on the field, sometimes not by what they do, but by what they allow other players not to have to do. 

While we know Olsen is a beast out there on the field, it's really easy to point at Dickson and say, "Well he doesn't do anything." And we'd be wrong, because we don't know what his role is in every play or how he might disrupt or delay the play of someone on the defense. In Coleman's behalf, we have no idea how much he might have been covering for deficiencies in our pass defense at the cost of his own stats.

Both, however, could be wash-ups, too and the coaching staff knew that it was time to go. Once again, we aren't privy to all of the information. 

I think Dickson's absence will be felt the most of the two, simply because it is harder to train up and integrate a new TE than it is to insert a new or rookie safety into the line up. Let's face it, any new TE has to get used to the idea of catching 200-mph fastball passes from Cam Newton -- that takes skill and guts. 

I do get the feeling we are looking at drafting a TE.  We went to scout Gisecki and Hurst. Then Henson put something on the Panthers website about Dallas Goedert. I think that is just a smokescreen.  I think we want the ones we went to scout bit I think there is a concerted effort to keep things close to the vest with what Buffalo did to us last year.  Hurst is a better blocker but I just love the upside receiving ability of Gisecki with Cam. 

I do get the feeling we are looking at drafting a TE.  We went to scout Gisecki and Hurst. Then Henson put something on the Panthers website about Dallas Goedert. I think that is just a smokescreen.  I think we want the ones we went to scout bit I think there is a concerted effort to keep things close to the vest with what Buffalo did to us last year.  Hurst is a better blocker but I just love the upside receiving ability of Gisecki with Cam. 

Archived