• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE2 is getting worrisome

Jeremy Igo

There are a couple solid TE prospects in this class, but as I mentioned yesterday, if you go to all 32 NFL fan forums right now you will find delusional wannabe draft analysts merrily squealing how they're gonna "steal" one of those prospects in the middle rounds, which most assuredly means those players are going higher than you'd expect and you're gonna have to invest high to get one, which means forfeiting somewhere else.

The Ebron deal was something that needed to get done in the wake of the Breeland debacle and we couldn't seal the deal.

If we're supposedly in it to win now, we have too many holes now for that. I don't agree with the Poe signing at all now. You can't sit there and tell me they saw Butler as more of a liability than our secondary? Trade for Darby, sign Boston, draft the safety/cb, take a TE in the third. I guarantee Wilson wants too much and wants to start somewhere.

15 minutes ago, Growl said:

There are a couple solid TE prospects in this class, but as I mentioned yesterday, if you go to all 32 NFL fan forums right now you will find delusional wannabe draft analysts merrily squealing how they're gonna "steal" one of those prospects in the middle rounds, which most assuredly means those players are going higher than you'd expect and you're gonna have to invest high to get one, which means forfeiting somewhere else.

The Ebron deal was something that needed to get done in the wake of the Breeland debacle and we couldn't seal the deal.

So the Huddle?

Gettleman had many chances to draft a TE and didn’t 

go draft a first or second round TE.  There are two great candidates in the draft this year. One is almost a Jason Whitten clone

meaning. TE that blocks and catches and isn’t 6th and 7th round projects

i wanted hunter Henry when Butler was taken along with the kid Tampa got last year

6 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Gettleman had many chances to draft a TE and didn’t 

go draft a first or second round TE.  There are two great candidates in the draft this year. One is almost a Jason Whitten clone

meaning. TE that blocks and catches and isn’t 6th and 7th round projects

i wanted hunter Henry when Butler was taken along with the kid Tampa got last year

I think that is the most damning thing and the main reason I turned on DG over time. Obvious roster holes he would overlook or make the assumption that last second dumpster diving would solve all the issues. I honestly feel like his early HR's in the dumpster diving game made him too reliant on that as a method for solving personnel problems. 

Plus...Matt Kalil.....

3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Ed's not TE1 quality by any stretch and I hesitate to say that he's a solid TE2 even. He did well last year because defenses practically ignored him and he got a lot of open looks that Greg could only dream of. It was a crapshoot when he had any kind of coverage on him.

I've got to disagree. He's a solid TE2 and for some teams, he's probably better than their TE1 -- that's not saying he's great, but that there really aren't enough quality TE1s to go around for all 32 teams. He's good enough to be called on when needed and he had some really good plays with us over the years. 

The guy doesn't really deserve any hard knocks, especially when you consider he is a second stringer guy. Guys like him shore up good teams.

Archived