• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go ahead and mark Jarius Wright as a roster lock..

Jeremy Igo

I am actually ok with this given the situation.  With our cap problem I wonder if the 2 mill signing bonus goes against that 3.5 total or if it is in addition too.  Either way it leaves us enough cap space to help the secondary void.  

Watching some tape he looks better than the 198 yards he got last year.  I also think this tells us that Samuel will start season oon the PUP list. In that case I like the insurance as others have said. 

The other thing that intrigues me is the nice comments on the Viking boards about him.  Good locker room guy and plays tough. 

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Board/102855/Contents/We-cut-Jarius-Wright-updated-signs-with-Panthers-116330863

And at least it takes my mind off the Breeland debacle for a bit. 

5 hours ago, CKI said:

so if he's a lock, and Torrey smith is a lock (assuming so since you traded worley), does that mean we wont draft a WR high this year?

Funchess, Smith, Wright, Samuel, Byrd.....thats 5.  cant imagine carrying 6 this year or that byrd would make it to the PS safely anymore.

Hurney is probably just preparing for the next inevitable injury Samuel gets, since he is made of glass.

4 hours ago, chknwing said:

I think Safety trumps all at this point.  Safety in the 1st,  RB in the 2nd, Trade Butler for another 3rd, move 2 3rds to move back into the 2nd round, and take a DE, OG in the 3rd.  

No point in drafting a RB high when you can find one late.

No team in their right mind would give up a 3rd round pick for Butler... 

So I guess Sheppard gets cut and pays for wright Ha. Or the Ha is on all of us if Sheppard stays. Yuck.

so Funchess, Torrey, Samuel, Wright, Byrd and a draft pick? Hummm high pick and the order changes,.. low or UDFA and it stays?

im good with that. Receivers I guess we good—

going to have to ball out, our secondary can’t stop flies running from Raid,..

2 million signing bonus for a guy with 18 catches last year. Thats 1 better than Russel Shepard. 2 Better than Curtis Samuel in 9 games. I liked the Torrey Smith move. This guys needs to produce more than he ever has to justify this decision.

This tells me we are not drafting a wideout unless its a Randy Moss falling situation.

Well there’s X, Y and Z right there. Samuel has no guarantee of being ready and who knows what set backs he may have.

having Funchess Smith and Wright sets us up pretty, all fast. 

Now we just need another tightend. 

Draft we can draft all defense and maybe a guard in there somewhere— safety, corner, defensive end and running back or tightend. Late rounds another corner, receiver, guard or oline etc.

its all good. 

Archived