• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go ahead and mark Jarius Wright as a roster lock..

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, jamos14 said:

Does Carolina still have the worst WR corps in the NFL?

Yes?  No?

My vote is yes.

Our receiving corps has to be better than the Ravens', and is probably better than the 49ers', Colts' and Bills'. Hell, ours might be better than the Cards' and Jets'. If we can get Samuel healthy and playing to his potential, then we could be better than a whole lot more.

11 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I don't think this is true...

Hell, he said it himself.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-curtis-samuel-to-play-slot-receiver/

"They're going to use me primarily as a slot receiver - that's why they're bringing me in there," Samuel said. "I'll be primarily in the slot, but sometimes we'll both be in the backfield with Cam [Newton]. I feel like it's going to be great."

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Hell, he said it himself.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-curtis-samuel-to-play-slot-receiver/

"They're going to use me primarily as a slot receiver - that's why they're bringing me in there," Samuel said. "I'll be primarily in the slot, but sometimes we'll both be in the backfield with Cam [Newton]. I feel like it's going to be great."

Actions speak louder than words and unless I'm recalling incorrectly, Samuel lined up mostly out wide in the few snaps he played last year, particularly after the KB trade. Of course with both KB and Funch there at the time he was drafted, the snaps available were in the slot but I don't think he's strictly a slot WR. He's got the potential and ability to be a legit all around #1 receiver like an Odell Beckham or Antonio Brown. LOT of work to get there but if he can be coached up and keep learning he's got that ability. And I think we want that to happen to pair him with Funch outside. Needs to get and stay healthy first though.

Basically planning to play a WR in the slot his rookie year when you have two outside guys already doesn't mean they drafted him with the intention of him just being a slot WR.

14 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Actions speak louder than words and unless I'm recalling incorrectly, Samuel lined up mostly out wide in the few snaps he played last year, particularly after the KB trade. Of course with both KB and Funch there at the time he was drafted, the snaps available were in the slot but I don't think he's strictly a slot WR. He's got the potential and ability to be a legit all around #1 receiver like an Odell Beckham or Antonio Brown. LOT of work to get there but if he can be coached up and keep learning he's got that ability. And I think we want that to happen to pair him with Funch outside. Needs to get and stay healthy first though.

Basically planning to play a WR in the slot his rookie year when you have two outside guys already doesn't mean they drafted him with the intention of him just being a slot WR.

Come on, man. You're stretching really hard. Before that draft, the need for a slot receiver was being emphasized by Rivera and Gettleman. After he was drafted they said expressly that they drafted him for the slot. This is not to say that they won't expand his route tree as his skill and/or personnel needs demand, but he was drafted for the slot, and that's why they continue to talk about getting a receiver opposite of Funchess this offseason. 

If his talent demands it, he may get to play the role of AB and OBJ (who play all three positions), but it's gonna likely be a long while, and a lot would have to happen---maybe even something negative in regards to Funch and other respective draftees. At this point, I want to see him tear it up in the slot, and I'd think that everyone wants to see him do that.

3 hours ago, Riv said:

Not even close.  Those are bad receivers/projects, which is sort of like what signing Ebron would be.  This is a guy who does something very well, which is converting 3rd downs and catching everything thrown to him.   This is a role player that virtually every team needs.

So, basically, we're replacing Bersin. 

3 hours ago, Riv said:

Not even close.  Those are bad receivers/projects, which is sort of like what signing Ebron would be.  This is a guy who does something very well, which is converting 3rd downs and catching everything thrown to him.   This is a role player that virtually every team needs.

Ur funny putting Ebron with them. His stats are really pretty good if u compare him to other te's.

3 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah I will count this as another Charles Johnson, Russell Shepherd, Tiquan Underwood, however u spell it Legedu Naanee, and other scrub wr signings. Thanks from Cam!!!!

Chill. We get it. You don't like it. There is such a thing as salary cap and also having positional depth though. 

I'm sorry we couldn't magically sign Julio Jones and AJ Green for Cam, but that doesn't mean this signing is pointless...

Archived