• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go ahead and mark Jarius Wright as a roster lock..

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Our DEs are peppers who plays about 40percent snaps, Mario and Horton. The rest are PS guys and Hall who has never played an NFL snap

But if we draft someone, they will also have never played a snap.  

I do think we should draft a DE if we get a shot at a good one, but at best he would be a rotational guy for a year or two, unless we get really lucky.  

Just now, Camp Fodder said:

Our DEs are peppers who plays about 40percent snaps, Mario and Horton. The rest are PS guys and Hall who has never played an NFL snap

We are talking about the draft correct...i'm pretty sure no prospect in the draft has taken an NFL snap...Safety , CB, RB ,OL well ahead of DE on priority list...

12 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

We are talking about the draft correct...i'm pretty sure no prospect in the draft has taken an NFL snap...Safety , CB, RB ,OL well ahead of DE on priority list...

Valid point but if we don't draft a DE this year and get them some reps, it will definitely be a pressing need next year. 

6 minutes ago, Cam El said:

Valid point but if we don't draft a DE this year and get them some reps, it will definitely be a pressing need next year. 

We can still draft one but probably a later rd pick...now that doesn't mean we let a Davenport go if he slides...but priority wise DE further down the list...let's get Hall some reps...

5 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

We can still draft one but probably a later rd pick...now that doesn't mean we let a Davenport go if he slides...but priority wise DE further down the list...let's get Hall some reps...

Right, at this point I'm assuming Hall will get a lot of CJs reps. And not only do we lose Peppers after this year, Addison will be 32 before 2019 kicks off. Hopefully, another one of those other young guys develops. 

1 hour ago, Riv said:

Completely agree.  The only reason you sign Smith is if you don't think Byrd and Samuel can be healthy.  Wright fills a need that there was no answer to on the roster.

You do realize that Samuel was drafted to play in the slot, right? Wright is more of insurance for him, and just solid depth for the corps in general.

Archived