• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go ahead and mark Jarius Wright as a roster lock..

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Biscuit said:

I'm more excited by this signing than Torrey Smith.  Reliable on 3rd and long, which is our signature down and distance.

Completely agree.  The only reason you sign Smith is if you don't think Byrd and Samuel can be healthy.  Wright fills a need that there was no answer to on the roster.

Like I said in other thread, we have two receivers that are given. This guy is proven and has potential. Unlike saying Samuel and Byrd are your answers just to calm your nerves. If WR at 24 is a steal and fell, then i'd be for that. But we need to aim all secondary in the early part of draft.

20 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

What's going to really hurt, is when Calvin Ridley is sitting there at 24 and we could've used the 8M from Torrey and Wright, and could've had the Honey Badger or a good corner.

Ridley isn't worth that pick.

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He’s much better than Shepard. Shepard was awful and needs to go. Can’t catch a cold. He and Clay dropped so many passes or just straight missed balls. 

Yeah, Shepard was never even used at WR on a consistent basis till he came here - Wright has much more experience playing the position. 

1 minute ago, CatMan72 said:

Yeah, Shepard was never even used at WR on a consistent basis till he came here - Wright has much more experience playing the position. 

The only reason Shep is still on the roster is that we haven't needed his cap space yet and he's a good special teams player.  Once we need that money, he gone.

7 minutes ago, chknwing said:

you can cross WR off your list for draft options in the first 2 rounds.

Here's hoping that's not the case. I would rather have Hernandez at 24 if he's available than any WR. Reason being, I'd rather not trust just anybody to replace Norwell. Hernandez looks like a bulldozer on the line. Now if he's gone and Calvin Ridley drops to 24, BPA IMO.

Archived