• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meeting with FA Guard/Center

Jeremy Igo

It is nice to see that we actually ran Sirles through a physical before signing him and having him fail it later.

As mentioned before, Sirles provides a sense of flexibility that the Panthers seem to be enamored with. While Sirles suited up primarily as a guard last year (receiving a rating of poor and grading out as the 48th guard out of a possible 81 qualifiers), he does have the ability to slide over to tackle as well. If anything, think of Sirles as a slight upgrade to Amini Silatolu. Furthermore, Sirles' flexibility may give the Panthers (should they choose to sign him) the ability to use a roster spot taken up by another offensive lineman elsewhere (say on an additional wide receiver). Sirles started 14 games for the Vikings over the past two years.

Sirles is currently evaluated on a 100% similarity to Saints guard Jermon Bushrod who is on a 1yr/$1,015,00 deal. I have no inside information, but I expect Sirles to sign something similar to a 2yr/$3M deal with $500K guaranteed. I would be shocked if Sirles went for more than $1.9M per year as the Vikings elected to not even place the lowest tender on Sirles (which is $1.9M) which is fairly indicitive of Sirles market value.

36 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It is nice to see that we actually ran Sirles through a physical before signing him and having him fail it later.

As mentioned before, Sirles provides a sense of flexibility that the Panthers seem to be enamored with. While Sirles suited up primarily as a guard last year (receiving a rating of poor and grading out as the 48th guard out of a possible 81 qualifiers), he does have the ability to slide over to tackle as well. If anything, think of Sirles as a slight upgrade to Amini Silatolu. Furthermore, Sirles' flexibility may give the Panthers (should they choose to sign him) the ability to use a roster spot taken up by another offensive lineman elsewhere (say on an additional wide receiver). Sirles started 14 games for the Vikings over the past two years.

Sirles is currently evaluated on a 100% similarity to Saints guard Jermon Bushrod who is on a 1yr/$1,015,00 deal. I have no inside information, but I expect Sirles to sign something similar to a 2yr/$3M deal with $500K guaranteed. I would be shocked if Sirles went for more than $1.9M per year as the Vikings elected to not even place the lowest tender on Sirles (which is $1.9M) which is fairly indicitive of Sirles market value.

good stuff, hope we sign him 

Archived