• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meeting with Stanford safety Justin Reid

Jeremy Igo

He'll be around in the 2nd.  

Real damn good player.  His 4.4 combine 40 is what really shot his stock up, most had him as a 3rd rounder prior (due to stacked deep safety class).  He should be there at our pick, if not, move up 5-7 spots

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He'll be around in the 2nd.  

Real damn good player.  His 4.4 combine 40 is what really shot his stock up, most had him as a 3rd rounder prior (due to stacked deep safety class).  He should be there at our pick, if not, move up 5-7 spots

I have seen it both ways--as early as Dallas at 19 in round 1.  I have seen him in the third.  If you really like him and he fits, you take him in the first (or trade back a few spots) because CBs are more plentiful. 

I see a scenario where we take the G Hernandez and Reid in the second--then we have to start another third round CB---not ideal--but in this draft, the third round CBs are probably going to be better than Worley.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

As they should.. We will have to take him in the first round if we want him, imo.

Sign Pouncey, get Reid and a CB like Oliver in the draft.  That is the MHS plan...today.

Where do you expect us to get cap for one if those signings? Let alone all 3?

18 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Where do you expect us to get cap for one if those signings? Let alone all 3?

Lmfaoooo this is funny to me maybe you misunderstood the sentence but if you don't think we have money to sign another free agent like pouncey then we need a new cap man and gm there's options even if we had less cap then we do now.

36 minutes ago, Dhagans06 said:

Lets sign Eric reed and draft Justin and let them play beside each other. If the panthers want to be a family environment then this is the actual way to do it. 

I don't know if you are serious, but I think that would be an extremely solid tandem.

1 hour ago, trucpfan said:

Lmfaoooo this is funny to me maybe you misunderstood the sentence but if you don't think we have money to sign another free agent like pouncey then we need a new cap man and gm there's options even if we had less cap then we do now.

I actually did, for some reason thought it was talking about Eric Reid, and I'm positive we wouldn't be able to sign Pouncey and Reid and our draft picks

Archived