• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top remaining free agents - Who do ya want?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

this is not true at all

Please visit Sportrac.  They lay our all of the cap hits for the Panthers.

NFL Cap: 181.6

-Top 51: 158.9m

-Dead: 7.0m

-Draft Picks: 2.5

-Peppers: 5.0

-Poe: 4.0?

Remaining: 4.2m

Poe and Peppers will replace a couple of .5m guys at the bottom of the roster so we can add in another million or so. 

Unfortunately, guys put on IR also count against the cap.  This is in addition to the top 51. Basically when a guy goes on IR, his whole salary counts against the cap, plus the guy you had to sign to replace him.  Last year we had 16 guys on IR at the end of the year accounting for 8.9m in cap.

Without cutting or re-structuring, we are probably done.

PS - I don't think Joe Person is particularly bright.

36 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Please visit Sportrac.  They lay our all of the cap hits for the Panthers.

NFL Cap: 181.6

-Top 51: 158.9m

-Dead: 7.0m

-Draft Picks: 2.5

-Peppers: 5.0

-Poe: 4.0?

Remaining: 4.2m

Poe and Peppers will replace a couple of .5m guys at the bottom of the roster so we can add in another million or so. 

Unfortunately, guys put on IR also count against the cap.  This is in addition to the top 51. Basically when a guy goes on IR, his whole salary counts against the cap, plus the guy you had to sign to replace him.  Last year we had 16 guys on IR at the end of the year accounting for 8.9m in cap.

Without cutting or re-structuring, we are probably done.

PS - I don't think Joe Person is particularly bright.

Not that I doubt you, but according to overthecap we have 16 million and this includes pep & poe.

Salary cap is difficult. I doubt we are done in FA though, since we are still setting up visits and have two offers standing.

37 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Not that I doubt you, but according to overthecap we have 16 million and this includes pep & poe.

Salary cap is difficult. I doubt we are done in FA though, since we are still setting up visits and have two offers standing.

Two offers standing?

29 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Includes Poe, but no Pep.  Knock off 5 million from the 16.

The only real difference between OTC and Sportrac is their treatment of TD.  OTC has him at 4.7m but sportrac has him at 7.7m.  Don't know who is right.

so after Pep (5m) and draft picks (2.5m) we're sitting between 5m to 9m for additions and as a cushion for injuries.

11 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Ebron I don't think so and Wright just got offered contract how do u know that was an offer standing lol!!!

Smh.... We have a thread on the forum with a PFT article stating we have an offer out for Ebron.

Also, the Wright item was on twitter about two hours ago tweeted by a random. "Panthers about to sign a receiver." (something along those lines)

I'd link it but twitter is blocked on my work computer and I want you to go through the message boards like this rest of for the Ebron. Not sure why you are coming on so strong. So salty bro. 

12 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Includes Poe, but no Pep.  Knock off 5 million from the 16.

The only real difference between OTC and Sportrac is their treatment of TD.  OTC has him at 4.7m but sportrac has him at 7.7m.  Don't know who is right.

so after Pep (5m) and draft picks (2.5m) we're sitting between 5m to 9m for additions and as a cushion for injuries.

Makes sense. I think the only item I wanted to highlight is that we are still making offers, so Hurney must have some money to work with.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Makes sense. I think the only item I wanted to highlight is that we are still making offers, so Hurney must have some money to work with.

Yep - I think the only money he has to work with is cutting Sheppard and possibly doing something with R Kalil. 

If he goes into the season with no cushion, we will be in trouble if someone gets hurt and has to go on IR.

10 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Yep - I think the only money he has to work with is cutting Sheppard and possibly doing something with R Kalil. 

If he goes into the season with no cushion, we will be in trouble if someone gets hurt and has to go on IR.

I've never really thought about being out of money mid-season. Just because you seem to know your stuff, what would be the plan for the following teams if this were the case? Left column being current cap space. Far right being dead money.

Giants $5,225,150 $5,225,150 70 $168,726,466 $3,478,255
Steelers $2,574,015 $2,574,015 61 $173,153,241 $5,141,595
Saints $2,317,073 $2,317,073 74 $158,850,332 $14,065,970
Cowboys $608,438 $608,438 57 $169,721,215 $14,811,112

Archived