• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top remaining free agents - Who do ya want?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:

Good lord guys, we are at 15m before the Peppers and Poe hits.  We'll need a couple mil for the draft and 4-5m for cushion/injuries.  Unless some of these big names are willing to play for a bag of chips, we are done other than camp fodder.

We either restructure/cut Ryan Kalil or wait for the draft to get better.

Image result for we are back gif

Gaines & Reid. 

Boston knows our defense, but we know his limitations. 

Social issues aside, concern is Reid could be a distraction because of the media circus that follows him - so I might take Parker instead. 

But in reality I think we draft at both these positions instead of signing any FA's besides some guys that are cheap for depth. 

Ebron - true 2 TE sets plus heir apparent instead of drafting high

Mike Pouncey (G this year, C moving forward, keeps us from having to invest in iOL this draft)

Maclin (if cheap)

Tre Boston (still think we need to get a S early in the draft)

Breaux

Eric Reid (don't see this happening) or Morgan Burnett - not sure either is a significant upgrade at SS, but I'm concerned about Adams age, you never know when the wheels will fall off and with a huge question mark at FS I think we need some veteran depth.

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:

Good lord guys, we are at 15m before the Peppers and Poe hits.  We'll need a couple mil for the draft and 4-5m for cushion/injuries.  Unless some of these big names are willing to play for a bag of chips, we are done other than camp fodder.

We either restructure/cut Ryan Kalil or wait for the draft to get better.

this is not true at all

I'd take Boston back after the season he had in '17. Have him take Kurt Coleman's FS spot (because RR kept trying to make him a SS when he is not). What's the deal with Pernell McPhee? Is he a stand up OLB or is he an EDGE guy? I don't know too much about Morgan Burnett either. From looking at his stats, he seems... serviceable, although I'd like to grab a CB in the draft if possible.

Ebron and a CB. I think it is dangerous and irresponsible to assume that Greg Olsen will return to form. He did not look comfortable after his return. Also, injury notwithstanding, age is not on his side. Even he recognizes this as he prepares for life after football.

If the Panthers believed that Breeland was the answer then it seems to me that some accommodation can be reached wherein both sides are happy. Perhaps some guaranteed money can be converted to fairly easy to attain playing time bonuses. This helps protect the Panthers related to his current status and gives the player the opportunity still earn the bulk of the contract.

I sense that the team is angry at the player and his agent. It appears as though they delayed the physical to reduce the options of the Panthers and increase the chances that the Panthers would roll the dice and ignore the injury and proceed. 

Archived