• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top remaining free agents - Who do ya want?

Jeremy Igo

Def need a corner and would feel very good about DRC.  Breaux is injury prone, but  has talent (would def be an upgrade over Worley, who i didn't think was awful so not a knock on him).  Right now the CB trio is no different from last year, Worley was benched half the time anyway.  If we sign this G/C from the Vikings Jeremiah Sirles, he's an up and coming guy apparently so i think that would be it for the oline until the draft (competition between Moton, Larsen, Sirles and Roookie G for Norwells spot will be intense).  

Where we need to make a splash signing is Safety...Adams is damn near 40 years old now.  We have no FS on the roster.  This has to be the focus this week.  Vaccaro or Burnett need to happen.  I'm not keen on getting Boston back but wouldn't hate it... Yes Reid would fit but thats not happening either.

As for WR, i guess Mike Wallace would work..What fans don't see is that there is only one football to go around.  Between Fun, Olsen and CMC that's a ton of targets going to those three guys.  Throw in the trio of Torrey, Samuel and Byrd, how many targets are really left for another guy?  Your not going to spend big bucks on a guy getting 40-50 targets for the year.  We def need to improve our WR depth, Clay and Bersin wont cut it, but we dont need to go overboard.  Give me Luke Wilson over Ebron any day of the week. I would actually like to see Adrian Peterson here for one year to compliment Christian, give us a strong short yardage back.

As usual the draft will be huge for us but we can fill some holes with decent guys on the cheap...except Safety!

I imagine we'll come away with one of the safeties once the dominoes start falling there. I'm scared it will be tre Boston.

Ebron would be a big add.

We've gotta add a legitimate number 2 CB.

Do that and were set up for the draft fairly well again, which would be nice since I've been Panther-Miserable since the Breeland debacle.

Good lord guys, we are at 15m before the Peppers and Poe hits.  We'll need a couple mil for the draft and 4-5m for cushion/injuries.  Unless some of these big names are willing to play for a bag of chips, we are done other than camp fodder.

We either restructure/cut Ryan Kalil or wait for the draft to get better.

Just now, grimesgoat said:

Good lord guys, we are at 15m before the Peppers and Poe hits.  We'll need a couple mil for the draft and 4-5m for cushion/injuries.  Unless some of these big names are willing to play for a bag of chips, we are done other than camp fodder.

oh. poo.

42 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

The 15 mil already has the draft factored in. We have plenty of wiggle room to sign 2-3 more players. I wouldn't be so quick to assume we are broke.

Also, Poe's contract details haven't been released, so there is no telling how much impact he would have on our cap this year. Lastly, we had 16.7 mil after peppers signing.

Also, big names? Maybe by recognition but not by performance (outside of suh.)

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Top Remaining Free Agents:

Suh, EJ Gaines, D.Murray, Breeland, Mike Pouncey, Maclin, Navorro Bowman, Jonathan Hankins, Cushing, Vaccaro, Eric Reid, Ron Parker, Morgan Burnett, Tre Boston, Bennie Logan, Cam Fleming, P.McPhee, DRC, R.Grant, T.Pryor, Scandrick, Mewhort, Breaux.

Any of the DB's would be worth a look at this point. I just don't want to see us throw out a Matt Kalil contract at a ho-hum player.

Archived