• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers should consider trading Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

On 3/16/2018 at 11:43 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Argue with Hurney.  Those are his words, not mine.

And given just how many needs we have, well...

Position and  need factor into the BPA big board.......

Such as QBs always seaming to have higher grades due to team needs and importance to a team vs OG

Unfortunately I think that's what got Hurney 1.0 to draft pickles.

54 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Because it's still a bad idea people just don't want to tell him so. 

It's really not. I said it as soon as we signed Poe.

Shopping Butler around doesn't mean trade him for a conditional 7th. If someone was willing to kick us say a 3rd though? We should honestly take it. I just don't think anyone would.

Ehhh Realistically if it’s not a trade involving a secondary player it’s not worth it imo, I doubt kk plays his contract through so there’s a reason to keep him 

May be a dumb trade but bulter and our 5th or 6th for John Ross since cini is talking about switching him to cb, which is a waste

14 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Ehhh Realistically if it’s not a trade involving a secondary player it’s not worth it imo, I doubt kk plays his contract through so there’s a reason to keep him 

May be a dumb trade but bulter and our 5th or 6th for John Ross since cini is talking about switching him to cb, which is a waste

I definitely wouldn't give them any draft picks in addition to Butler.

I think we should actively be shopping Butler for a CB or FS right now. It's nice to be stacked with DTs, but not at the expense of having a secondary nearly devoid of NFL caliber talent.

Just now, stbugs said:

No poo, people wanting to get rid of him because he’s just a rotational guy (40% at that) for a 3rd or worse draft pick don’t get it. We’re already weak at staring positions in the secondary. How about we keep the DL a strength and don’t weaken more spots for a GM who’s never been good outside of the first round except for a handful over 10+ years.

3rd? Yeah, I'd do that. 4th? Eh... I don't think so.

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

3rd? Yeah, I'd do that. 4th? Eh... I don't think so.

Less than 40% of third round picks last 4 years or more.  Butler does appear to have the talent to last at longer than average.  I would 't trade him for anything less than a second.  And we won't get a second for him.

Archived