• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers should consider trading Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

2010 would like a word with you

Ehhhhh everyone and their mama saw that shitshow coming due to the lockout. To follow-up a Super Bowl appearance with 2016's Off-season however? Straight up dumptser diving Dave juice.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney recently said that drafting for need after Round One is why he made mistakes.

Wanna bet we draft for need again?

You don’t reach for need, but drafting for need Is a must, guys like Butler is the reason you don’t draft for luxury 

Just now, GoobyPls said:

Wanna bet we draft for need again?

You don’t reach for need, but drafting for need Is a must, guys like Butler is the reason you don’t draft for luxury 

Hurney said his plan for this draft is to go BPA in every round.

4 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Bpa for a need

"We've talked a lot about when you get to the second round," Hurney said before leaving for Indy. "We might have leaned toward need more (in the past), but if you keep that first-round philosophy (of best available player) in the second and third rounds, then you'd like your top three-round picks to come in and if they don't start in their first year at least fill a role and contribute.

"Keeping that philosophy after the first round – that's something I've been going through in my mind."

"You don't want to sit there and say, ‘We're going to take this approach,' because that's where sometimes you reach for somebody," Hurney said. "I think you have to let the situations come to you."

Link

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Like I said you want to bet we draft a position of need?

Than you try to to validate the pick by saying it was the “bpa” after we make the pick. 

Argue with Hurney.  Those are his words, not mine.

And given just how many needs we have, well...

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Argue with Hurney.  Those are his words, not mine.

And given just how many needs we have, well...

All GM say we are gonna draft BPA, most of them don’t stick to that plan. Or try to validate it by drafting a need and saying it was the bpa at the time.

Archived