• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now are the Panthers better? What say you?

Jeremy Igo

You don't win a SB in Mahch as some GM's would say. Obviously they upgraded two positions at WR and CB. Also the Draft hasn't happened yet, but I still need to see the result on the field. A good FA and draft class can turn a team around instantaneously however the players still need to mesh on the field and have chemistry. So I'll reserve judgment until I see them play.

I would say they have manged some decent upgrades at reasonable costs so far.  They still need a vet safety upgrade and a TE2 upgrade or at least comparable replacement.  Guard uncertainty still makes it sketchy whether it will be enough to consider it an overall upgrade going into the draft.

Until we see how the draft goes I'm going to say it's even at the moment.

Coach Turner is the X factor in all this. 

If he can essentially take what Shula had to work with along with Hurney's upgrades and create a more cohesive/competitive offense, it may just be enough to get the Panthers over the hump when it comes to the likes of New Orleans, Atlanta and potential playoff foes like Philadelphia. 

Cautiously Optimistic at this point. 

7 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Coach Turner is the X factor in all this. 

If he can essentially take what Shula had to work with along with Hurney's upgrades and create a more cohesive/competitive offense, it may just be enough to get the Panthers over the hump when it comes to the likes of New Orleans, Atlanta and potential playoff foes like Philadelphia. 

Cautiously Optimistic at this point. 

I think the vast majority of Huddlers believes the offensive coaching staff is better than last year, though I have seen a few doubters.

People are probably less certain about the defensive coaching staff. Most seem to believe in Washington, but most also liked Wilks...until they didn't. 

The new position coaches are enigmas and I'm still kinda skeptical over our secondary coaching (don't think I'm alone on that front either).

There's a lot of unknown on that side of the ball. 

Just now, Yaboychris28 said:

We still have offensive line issues, possibly more so than ever and that concerns the hell out of me 

Agreed.

The offense will likely need to utilize more fast developing plays and quick releases to counter for the loss of Norwell, not to mention our other issues at center and left tackle.

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Agreed.

The offense will likely need to utilize more fast developing plays and quick releases to counter for the loss of Norwell, not to mention our other issues at center and left tackle.

Turner has said as much, though I know some folks don't believe that's his forte.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the vast majority of Huddlers believes the offensive coaching staff is better than last year, though I have seen a few doubters.

People are probably less certain about the defensive coaching staff. Most seem to believe in Washington, but most also liked Wilks...until they didn't.

There's a lot of unknown there. 

That is what keeps me coming back for more.

No far from better....let go of Star lotulelei ed dickson and andrew norwell as well as veteran Charles Johnson kurt coleman did NOTHING to help Cam on offense (there is a reason torrey smith was the 3rd wr option for the eagles...he not that good) no running back answer...the panthers are content spending the fans money but not on anything that can truly help us succeed....worst front office in the NFL i could do a better job with ZERO nfl experience i jus smoke to much loud for the job (stupid drug test) i have been following this team since1996 but not much longer if these jack wagons upstairs dont start doing some work cuz i promise that the choices they have made only prove the lack of intelligence in the office!!! Completely worthless management of the Carolina Panthers!!! Fire them all PLEASE

Archived