• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now are the Panthers better? What say you?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

Closer. A serviceable safety and I'm on board. Give me Honey Badger I'll rip my pants running to say yes.

yeah if somehow honey badger comes to us, then we may have the most complete roster under Rivera.

Still no pass rush, so glad we have a little more experience at CB, but not much at safety

Big hole on the Oline so Smith will not have a ton of time for deep routes

I'd say just a little less than even at this point.  Pick up a great guard and we are above water

I’d say we are, and there are still more signings to come as well as the draft. The defense is certainly better, as Breeland and Poe are clear upgrades.  I love adding Smith as well to the offense, and Norv is easily an upgrade.  Still need:

LG, FS, TE, RB

Just now, RumHam said:

Still worse. Until we get a proven safety in here instead of unnecesarily spending money on Poe, although i'm torn on that b/c i love the splash, but we still needed a better impact receiver and have a gaping hole at safety. We were worried about corner and that panned out. I think Hurney may just be taking his time. Safety in first, guard/center in second, DE and WR in third round, RB in 4th

There are still several veteran safeties out there that we can sign cheap to work in this scheme and kick the can further down the road on addressing the position long-term...  Signing a 27 Poe to a manageable 3 year deal is a great investment even if it means pushing off addressing safety yet again.

If we could cut Shepard and use his cap savings with what we have left to go after Honey Badger, we'd have the best defense in Carolina in years, maybe ever. Assuming Addison and Peppers continue delivering.

Then address OG/C, WR, and RB in the draft. 

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

Still no pass rush, so glad we have a little more experience at CB, but not much at safety

Big hole on the Oline so Smith will not have a ton of time for deep routes

I'd say just a little less than even at this point.  Pick up a great guard and we are above water

This squad racked up a lot of sacks last year.  Often it was Wilks scheme that made it seem like we didn’t.  He’s blitz everyone, leaving the secondary in an impossible situation.  The offenses we faced would simply throw quick hitters, making the blitz ineffective and making it seem as if we can’t get to the QB.

Shoring up the secondary to allow the front to pressure will result in less open receivers, and alas, more QB sacks.  

On paper we are improved.

The main thing Coleman had going for him was above average ball hawk skills. In terms of coverage we can upgrade there.

OL is still a concern. And we need another RB, but we still have the draft and cuts after TC to add more depth here and there.

Archived