• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Ron Rivera talks about what he saw in Torrey Smith

Jeremy Igo

38 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Am I the only one that thinks Cam's deep ball accuracy is his worst attribute? 

You are correct about his deep ball accuracy, its been bad. However, NFL live did a segment about this, and determined it was the routes we called for the receivers to run. We ran some of the most difficult throws to make. 

Outside shoulder on the boundary line.

Good vid.

As for Cam's deep accuracy, I don't know if he's the best in the league, that's debatable no doubt, but he's made some of craziest deep passes I've seen from any QB. Especially considering the iffy hands of some of the WR's he's had to get by with.

While he has been fairly accurate with his deep passes, we've also watched him miss wide open receivers for walk-in touchdowns and not a defender within 20 yards.  Can't remember which game it was this past season, but the Panthers had the ball somewhere around the opponents 45 yard line and I'm thinking it was Dickson that was wide open on about the 5-10 yard line with no defender within shouting distance and all he could do was watch the ball sail about 10 feet over his head.  And IIRC, Cam was not under a lot of pressure on that play.  It just seemed like he got overly excited about having someone that wide open and just put too much into the throw.

9 minutes ago, Riv said:

Yes.  His worst attribute is that he holds on to the ball too long.

I can agree with this.  Can't recall the number of times I've sat there watching a game yelling "Throw the ball, Cam, throw the ball" at the TV.

2 hours ago, Gregg S said:

While he has been fairly accurate with his deep passes, we've also watched him miss wide open receivers for walk-in touchdowns and not a defender within 20 yards.  Can't remember which game it was this past season, but the Panthers had the ball somewhere around the opponents 45 yard line and I'm thinking it was Dickson that was wide open on about the 5-10 yard line with no defender within shouting distance and all he could do was watch the ball sail about 10 feet over his head.  And IIRC, Cam was not under a lot of pressure on that play.  It just seemed like he got overly excited about having someone that wide open and just put too much into the throw.

You mean when he was coming off shoulder surgery, and he just took a hit to his shoulder earlier that quarter?

Archived