• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting 3 starters this year, an example...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Give me

1. Reid- ball hawking FS

2. Chubb- between the tackles compliment RB for CMC

3. Frank Ragnow- OG/C, starts at LG and moves to Center next year

3b. Kyzir White- SS

4. Trade back up for Duke Ejifor

Ideally id try to trade down out of the first with a QB Hungry team and pickup another pick, and still grab Reid in the 2nd

Good mock.

This draft is super hard to predict. If you look at the “experts”, they’re all over the board on who’s the top CB or OL. G and S tend to slip due to position as well.

I’m more concerned that we get impact w our first 4 picks. S, RB, G, WR, DE could all see significant playing time as it stands now.

bpa at our picks could be LB, OT (project), or CB...

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be thrilled with it but it would take a lot of luck for Reid and Chubb to be there at those spots. 

And Chubb wouldn't be a starter. CMC is the starting RB but he needs a running mate.

LOL at Chubb not being the starter. You got me busting my sides. 

@Jeremy Igo, to me it would be more believable if Penny were the pick in the third.  Chubb gonna be long gone. 

RB and guard seem to be two of the deepest positions in this year's draft.  

Going RB/guard or guard/RB is probably the safest way to 2 starters.  I could see us going RB in the first (Guice) and a guard in the second.

If you are trying to find 3-4 starters though it might be best to leave those 2 positions to the third round.  I'm still thinking something like safety, WR, guard, RB in the first 4 rounds.  

10 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Looking at picks that could be there, this is one path to getting a really good shot at having 3 rookie starters on day 1. 

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2018/03/15/carolina-panthers-mock-draft/

Jeez, that was my wet dream last night.  Perfect.

Reid is so damn underated right now.  He will play in some pro bowls IMO.  Chubb is taylor made for us and we get Hernandez to boot?  Hell yes.

Dunno but Igo could lead the scouting dept. great calls lately...bravo sir.

Just now, stirs said:

Has played ILB and OLB, got much better this year and since we don't need him to start right away, I figure coaching will help him ripen into a quality backup and maybe starter.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/malik-jefferson?id=2560171

Not killing your steam man but...he has decent measuables, dunno his supporting cast on the Texas defense helped him.  Looks like a fringe player to me.  Just IMO.

Archived